Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Your impression, please....

Chris Fawkes
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Your impression, please....

MRomine wrote:
That's kinda what I was thinking too and since Chuck liked your comment I would assume then that you are spot on.

For sake of discussion, wouldn't it be more advantageous to ask those from your target market, such as brides-to-be, instead of other photographers, some who know you and your work personally and the others who know you from your on-line presence? Or perhaps even asking those who are totally outside the wedding industry? Marketers? Wouldn't that provide more productive info? We photographers also use a vocabulary that is unique to us when it comes to describing photography.

Maybe
...Show more

Truth in what you say yet I think that getting peer feedback is also of value and worth asking for. Maybe this is simply part of an overall effort to get opinions from a variety of different sources.

Re peek user testing I think that has some value but they do not spell out to those doing reviews that they are supposed to be role playing. They should be viewing your site once they work out what it is for as a potential client for your product. I have tried it and answers were not based on the viewer being a potential client because as they say they are already married or just had portraits done. Not to say there was not some excellent feedback in amongst it but it could be sharper.

Also worth noting is to use your special email that you use for solicited spam when using peek to help keep the ensuing emails organised.

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:18 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Your impression, please....

Chris Fawkes wrote:
Truth in what you say yet I think that getting peer feedback is also of value and worth asking for. Maybe this is simply part of an overall effort to get opinions from a variety of different sources.

Perhaps but if you want real honest peer feedback it should probably be done anonymously or on a board where you are not known.

Jan 18, 2015 at 06:57 PM
Lanny Mann

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Your impression, please....

Real.
Story-telling.
Authentic.

Jan 19, 2015 at 02:42 AM
Adriana82

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Your impression, please....

I like those pictures very much. You really put some effort into it.

Wedding Wonderstruck Events

Edited on Jan 20, 2015 at 04:13 PM · View previous versions

Jan 19, 2015 at 04:14 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Your impression, please....

Many thanks all! Your feedback is invaluable so I really appreciate you taking the time!

Mark, to answer your questions. The purpose of this post dates back to a thread that I posed back in 2011 (https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1049887) and again in 2013 (https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1253771) where people would post their first 6 images of their portfolio and members would give their 'impression'.

Impressions are very different than a critique. Impressions often deal with what our images evoke. Just as Chris mentioned, we think we are putting out work that says something specific...isnt that what we are suppose to do? Define a vision and drive toward it? But what if all along you are missing the mark? What if you are saying in your about section and text on your site that you are "a storyteller and value the realistic" but your images that are presented are all staged portraits and you never realized it?

As for others giving impressions, we have solicited certain, non photographers for impressions. With that said, ANYONE can give an impression. Not everyone can give a valuable critique. Thats why I only asked for three adjectives...simple. We have a few defined adjectives that we drive toward during our weddings. We like to think that we are on target, but sometimes its good to get out of our own heads.

Chuck

Jan 19, 2015 at 09:07 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Your impression, please....

So Mark, any impressions?

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:50 AM
mineymole
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Your impression, please....

journalistic
truthful
dramatic

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:15 AM
chrisfphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Your impression, please....

Beautiful, emotional, professional.

Really great work. As a client I would expect to really pay a premium for photographs this lovely.

Jan 19, 2015 at 02:03 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Your impression, please....

canerino wrote:
So Mark, any impressions?

Sure, fwiw. Layered, observant, emotional, timeless

Jan 19, 2015 at 03:21 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Your impression, please....

Thanks all for participating. We definitely appreciate this sort of feedback. I like the idea of 'impressions' as I can get a sense of what you feel (or dont) in your gut. I'd encourage others to do something similar!

Jan 20, 2015 at 03:05 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Your impression, please....

authentic, emotional, and a touch of humor.

i think calling them "heirloom wedding photography" is remarkably appropriate.

Jan 20, 2015 at 03:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.