Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2015 · Fuji --> m4/3. Has anyone done it?

bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Fuji --> m4/3. Has anyone done it?

True that Panasonic is ahead of Olympus in video technology … but both Sony and Olympus are not that far behind. Sony has already incorporated 4K video into their A7s. Olympus will be next. Meanwhile, Panasonic is developing 6K and 8K video!

kewlcanon wrote:
http://www.43rumors.com/all-e-m5ii-images-and-specs-leaked-so-far-poll-do-you-like-the-camera/

Panasonic knows video, Olympus no .

Jan 20, 2015 at 02:51 PM
ZoranC
• • •
[X]
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Fuji --> m4/3. Has anyone done it?

douglasf13 wrote:
My FF files generally feel almost too clean, for me.

Personally if nothing else is stopping me I will always take cleaner file over one less clean. I can always turn clean file into "lo-fi" if I really want to but there is only so much I can do with less clean file and I can't add info into it that is missing from a start.

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:39 PM
dukeman1234
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Fuji --> m4/3. Has anyone done it?

I'm in a similar situation as you are. I love m43, tried nex and fuji on and off, and the a7. Nex and Fuji are nice, but IMO the images aren't that much different than what I could get with my m43 gear. Right now I have an a7 that I use with manual lenses and an em10 system that I am building up again I think this is the right combination for me as it gives me the strengths of both systems, the DOF with the mitakon f0.95 on the sony is soo thin! Likewise, if I want to have a large DOF then the m43 is great and actually saves me 2 stops. I also really like the rokinon fisheye for m43 and there isn't currently a FF sony equivalent so I have that on the em10 most of the time. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, aps-c is just too much in the middle for me.

I would say that it sounds like you miss the m43 world and to me that means you should switch, no reason to not be happy with your gear

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:47 PM
ajamils
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Fuji --> m4/3. Has anyone done it?

dukeman1234,

As they say "you never forget your first love" and maybe that's what why I miss m4/3. Gh1 was my first proper camera and since then I owned many m4/3 bodies and eventually selling it all for Fuji. I did keep A7 but didn't care for it much so ended up selling it and bought Nikon D750.

The biggest thing that is calling me back to m4/3 are the breed of new PRO lenses specially the 40-150 f2.8 (with TC).

By the way, good to see another Houstonian on this board

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:19 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.