Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

How hard is it to find second shooters for high demand dates?

It looks like I will have a wedding on 10/10/15 that I will want an assistant and a third/co-shooter for. I am almost afraid to put the additional shooters in the contract as I am not sure how hard they will be to get on such a prime date. Am I being ridiculous?

Jan 14, 2015 at 08:22 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

There's almost always someone available. Not always who you might want but there are a lot of decent photographers in the bay area that work well as seconds. If you don't feel confident in how they are going to handle something that is important, then you just gotta find a way to cover that yourself.

Jan 14, 2015 at 08:41 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

You should be able to find someone fine. I booked a wedding for August, and they want a 2nd shooter. I got one scheduled, but he can cancel on me if he books his own wedding. But I'll have at least a months notice if he does

Jan 14, 2015 at 09:01 PM
StanOPhoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

Duy and Scott pretty much summed it up. There's plenty of great photographers in the Bay Area, some of which ONLY shoot as seconds or as a worst case scenario shooter when some else bails.

Jan 15, 2015 at 07:12 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

StanOPhoto wrote:
... or as a worst case scenario shooter when some else bails.

yea, but it is kinda hard to hire myself as my own second

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:21 PM
StanOPhoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

SloPhoto wrote:
yea, but it is kinda hard to hire myself as my own second

You're not my only one

Jan 18, 2015 at 01:33 AM
swim_r
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

No kidding! I have gotten 8 inquiries for 10/10/15 in the last month! You shouldn't have a problem finding a 2nd, a 3rd light be hard if you want quality... And hey, if you run in to a bind post it on here and let us help!

Jan 18, 2015 at 01:57 AM
hvu2012
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

where is the location?
thanks.

Jan 18, 2015 at 04:13 PM
Focus Locus
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Special Dates and Second Shooters (10/10/15 assistant/third shooter)

Looks like this is your cousin's wedding, as explained in your newer thread seeking proposals from mains for this date. And it looks like date is not as busy for as many as you originally thought, given that plenty of FMer's are available on 10/10/15 according to the number of offers made in the other thread.

Jan 21, 2015 at 02:27 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.