FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Rural India

Nexed
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rural India

The verdant fields of Karnataka, India, as seen from a speeding car.

© Nexed 2014

© Nexed 2014

© Nexed 2014

Jan 14, 2015 at 05:48 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rural India

It's too bad you didn't stop. #2 especially would have had a lot of potential to be a really nice Landscape image. But with the dirt in the lower left corner, the OOF plants in the foreground, the shed blocked by a weed, the shot sadly turns into just a snapshot.

Perhaps you weren't allowed to stop? It's a shame, as I said the elements in #2 have the making for a spectacular shot if you had simply stopped and composed and shot.

Jim

Jan 14, 2015 at 06:56 PM
Nexed
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rural India

Yeah, there was no way to stop. For one, we were driving on a day with a chance of a major storm, so we needed to get to our location fast. For another, the roads we were using were far from safe, and stopping for 5 minutes to take a picture carried more risk than was worth it. I came across so many vistas where I wanted to get out too. So I made the best of it, and shot with very low shutter speeds. These were the best of the pics I took. Most others have electric cables, or fences, blocking the views.

Jan 14, 2015 at 07:27 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rural India

That's a shame, but I guess a lot of foreign countries do not have the same road system that we get spoiled by here.

Going back to #2 which I liked, perhaps try some cropping and cloning. Since you did the best you could with shooting, maybe a little post processing pruning would help. Like cropping off the out of focus area along the bottom in that one would help a lot. A trip to India would be a trip of a lifetime, at least for me. So spending a little time editing those shots would be worth it.

Jim

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:55 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.