Username  

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Snow

stronggale

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Snow

To try something new I shot this small branch with some snow on it. Following the method suggested by Dalantech I kept the small branch with a hand against a dark background and shot handheld. This was the result. What could I have done better in your opinion (D610, Sigma 105 Macro, 1/250 sec. @ f/11, ISO 1250)?

snow_4020_C0022 by umberto74, on Flickr

Jan 12, 2015 at 02:31 PM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Snow

Looks good to me- lovely capture
Brian V.

Jan 13, 2015 at 02:28 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Snow

Nice work. It is so close to a true diagonal that I would make it so by cropping the right side slightly.

If you could contrive to have, say, dark blue as a background that may be more effective.

Harold

Jan 13, 2015 at 03:19 AM
stronggale

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Snow

Thanks to both. Regarding background with color I would have to bring something with me and get help to keep everything hand held ;-) I kept the branch with one hand while shooting with the others. I could bring some coloured paper and hold it against it.
Looking at it I agree with e6filmuser. Blue would probably be better (it would remind of ice)... Now the challenge is to find again such a small branch. Is warm again. All snow is gone :-)

Cheers to everyone,
Umberto

Jan 13, 2015 at 02:20 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.