New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lightroom 4 and 7d mark ii

rkooz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 4 and 7d mark ii

This may be a silly question, but I have Lightroom 4 and just updated to 4.4. Will the Canon 7d mark ii work with it? If not, is there a work around?

I realize Lightroom 5.7 is out and the mark ii (from what I've read) does work with it.

Jan 10, 2015 at 08:30 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 4 and 7d mark ii

You don't know about dng converter from Adobe?

FYI, the cost of upgrading isn't that steep, compared to renting big glass for just a couple of days. Time to get current.

Edited on Jan 11, 2015 at 10:35 AM · View previous versions

Jan 10, 2015 at 09:10 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 4 and 7d mark ii

the only way to make it work is to use the latest Adobe DNG converter or to use the Canon DPP s/w and convert it to .tiff format

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:19 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 4 and 7d mark ii

LR5 is better than LR4 so its worth the upgrade . But LR6 is just round the corner so if you can hold on and use the DNG converter till then thats probably the better way to go .

but if you've not used your LR5 trial yet or your CC trial you can get 2 month trial use of Lightroom 5 . trial LR5 first then trial CC (LR is part of CC) .
the issue with that though is you can't import a LR5 catalogue into LR 4 so the only way from there is to upgrade to 6 or buy Lightroom 5 or into CC

Jan 11, 2015 at 12:50 PM
rkooz

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 4 and 7d mark ii

I upgraded to LR5. Right now it was to get the pics in. I will be looking around now to see what makes it better then LR4. Thanks everyone.

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:24 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.