New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Georgia State Capitol

gnagel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Georgia State Capitol

My visit to the Georgia State Capitol was a bit underwhelming. Construction was underway on the exterior of the building. The rotunda was inaccessible due to the raising of enormous Christmas tree. The galleries were locked--although I was permitted to enter the balconies for a few minutes to capture a few pictures while one of the state employees stood by my side.

The galleries are quite beautiful, however during my visit the lighting was very harsh as strong sunlight was shining through the windows.

I may return to Atlanta to capture more photographs of the State Capitol. But, this wasn't one of my favorite stops. Even if the rotunda had been open, the rotunda ceiling underneath the dome is flat, painted pink and has significant peeling issues--in summary, not very attractive or impressive.

Fortunately, there were several other interesting subjects for photography located very close to the Capitol.

Ordinarily, I would not post such images, but since I've been posting so many of the other State Capitols...here goes:

1: Georgia House of Representatives Chamber

2: Governor Jimmy Carter portrait

5: Mississippian Chief

6: Georgia Capitol Museum occupies the fourth floor

7: Old Supreme Court Chamber

Next up, Tennessee!

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Jan 09, 2015 at 02:44 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.