New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Northern Lights

akriegsfeld
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Northern Lights

Hi Everyone,

My wife has wanting to see the Northern Lights on her bucket list.
I was wondering if anyone one the forum has info fro when and where it s the best time to plan a trip to experience this.

thanks Alan

Jan 09, 2015 at 10:20 AM
Carl0202

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Northern Lights

Hi,

Perhaps this flyer (pdf) from the northern Norwegian town of Tromø could be a starting point:

"http://www.visittromso.no/Global/Brosjyrer/Visit_Tromsø_Northern_Lights_2014_spreads.pdf"

Not easy to post the link here due to the special Norwegian letter ø in the file name, but you can copy and paste or you will also find the reference on the http://www.visittromso.no front page.

Carl

Jan 09, 2015 at 01:14 PM
benjaminw

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Northern Lights

I would recommend Fairbanks in mid-March this year. You can read about the reasons for this, and how to photograph it, in an article that I published HERE. Enjoy.

-Ben

Jan 09, 2015 at 07:55 PM
MalbikEndar
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Northern Lights

A few thoughts...

- We are on the way down from the peak of the 11-year cycle. So you should do it now or in 10 years.

- There are several websites with short-term aurora predictions, one linked by benjaminw. The predictions are not useful for trip planning (time horizon of a few days).

- Tromso is a pleasant town with a good airport and plenty of hotels. You can also reach it using the Norwegian coastal ferry.

Jan 10, 2015 at 05:38 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.