FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

paparazzinick
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

So I have used a Wacom for years. I was interested in the Cintiq since I have a 22" at work and love it but don't have the extra cash for what my wife calls a toy for at home So I see they have a Companion for $1000. Anyone use it? Like it? Don't like it?

I like the regular Wacom I use but I love working on the Cintiq at work. Airbrushing right on the display is awesome.

Jan 09, 2015 at 09:24 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

I have always dreamed of having a cintiq..... but have never been able to justify the price, so at this point it is still just a dream for me

Jan 09, 2015 at 03:58 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

My companion is a Surface Pro 3, sorta. I do most of my work on my Mac Pro with a normal tablet. For somthing intricate I'll hook the drive up to the Surface just for that file.

A bit kludgy but works for me. Surface Pro is also my travel machine.

Gordon

Jan 09, 2015 at 04:32 PM
Weez
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

13HD, or Companion for 1k? If it's a Companion, that's a great price.

Jan 09, 2015 at 09:17 PM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

It's a nice price, and I think Wacom is competing just as most of us predicted. With the increasing # of small form touch-sensitive devices, they are going to specialize more in larger devices such as the 27" cintiq (drool) as well as competing on features (the new remote) and pricing when it comes to small form factor... please note that the companion isn't just one model...there are multiple models with diff features and price points.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:55 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

Weez wrote:
13HD, or Companion for 1k? If it's a Companion, that's a great price.

Its the hybrid. I also found the 13HD for $800.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Weez
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

paparazzinick wrote:
Its the hybrid. I also found the 13HD for $800.

Cool...can you post a link?

Jan 13, 2015 at 07:09 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

Weez wrote:
Cool...can you post a link?

They were at macmall refurbed. Guess they are all gone now. Glad I ordered one.

Jan 13, 2015 at 08:17 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

Just noticed these

Monoprice's Version
1920x1080 IPS panels

I'm curious.. Monoprice has a pretty good rep for their products and their service.

brad

Jan 14, 2015 at 01:09 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

DigMeTX wrote:
Just noticed these

Monoprice's Version
1920x1080 IPS panels

I'm curious.. Monoprice has a pretty good rep for their products and their service.

brad

That looks pretty awesome.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:01 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

They also have this one that is touchscreen in addition to being able to use the stylus

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:26 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

DigMeTX wrote:
They also have this one that is touchscreen in addition to being able to use the stylus

Yea I saw that. Wonder if it's as good as Wacom?

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:27 PM
Weez
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

I don't think any of the others are quite as good as Wacom, but I do think a few may be damn close enough (purely based on reviews I've seen - not from personal experience), considering the drastic price difference.

Check the return policy and give it a shot. You already have a lot of experience with Wacoms, so you'll be able to tell pretty quick if it's worth it.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

I might. Lol I do like new toys.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:35 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

Wacom's been doing this a while and they're the leader in it but the differences may be worth the savings. The reviews that I've seen for past Monoprice tablets/Wacom alternatives have been very good.

brad

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:50 AM
shatuo

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Wacom Cintiq Companion

Wacom Cintiq Companion is a self-contained Windows computer with the full Wacom graphics tablet features already built in, which can also be used as a 'dumb' graphics tablet when connected to a Mac or PC.

Essentially, you can use this to draw, sketch and paint at your desk hooked up to your main computer, and draw, sketch and paint directly on it while sitting on the sofa or outside.

this Cintiq Companion 2 can be used at a desk as a graphics tablet for your regular computer, but because it also runs Windows, you can use full, familiar versions of Painter, Photoshop and so on when away from your workstation.

The nearest thing it has to a rival is the Microsoft Surface tablet, but this has neither Wacom's heritage nor chops when it comes to rich drawing tools. The iPad Pro is an excellent tablet but cannot be called a competitor here due to its mobile operating system.

It's a solid investment for digital illustrators who want flexibility. However, if you don't need to use it away from your desk, you could save money and purchase the XP-pen Artist 15.6 Pro , or benefit from a bigger drawing area with the slightly more expensive Artist 22E Pro .

I currently use a XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro Drawing tablet With Screen . It is a cintiq downgrade, but only because it does not have the muti-touch like the cintiq does. it support pen tilt function , 8192 pen pressure levels , battery-free and wireless stylus . 88% NTSC Color gamut , 1920x1080 resolution , 15.6 inch IPS Screen , it has no parallax , no lag .
Overall its an amazing tablet and I do suggest it! It works amazing for me, and personally, I improved a lot while using it.

The only problems, however, is that it always has to be plugged into a PC , Though it is lightweight and works great, the graphics are nice, and its only $439 .

Mar 02, 2019 at 03:43 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.