Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Color Munki Question - White Point and luminance not behaving??

Ivan Conor

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Color Munki Question - White Point and luminance not behaving??

Newbie here....I'm using a one year old iMac 27 inch with a brand new color munki. I downloaded software directly from x rite. Photo Shop says to profile to D50 and lum of 100. The munki does its thing and spits out a profile that seems to default to D65 or rather the White point changes to 78,81,68 (XYZ)...not sure how that relates to D50??Also, my Target luminance is only now at 81 when I wanted to 100? Also, the shop says to use a gamma of 2.2 but I don't see how to check the gamma...i hear that it may come preset at 2.2 so not sure if its even changeable? Does anyone have any thoughts?

Jan 08, 2015 at 09:39 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Color Munki Question - White Point and luminance not behaving??

Hi Ivan,

I do not use a Munki, but my first thought, relative to gamma, would be to ask you if you are using the basic mode or advanced mode. To set those specific parameters you would probably need to use the advanced mode.

Jim

Jan 10, 2015 at 06:14 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Color Munki Question - White Point and luminance not behaving??

you may want to explore dispcalgui to use as alternative software for the Munki.

http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/

Jan 10, 2015 at 09:22 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.