Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

cohenfive
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

I recently bought a d750 and sold my d4...a bit of a lark, going mostly on what I've read and having a desire to hike with something a bit lighter...if it took good images. Late this afternoon I took the d750 out with the new 80-400 vr g attached to take some tough shots. I still think the af system is on par with the d4 (as it should be), and from what I have seen the camera does pretty well with low light situations. The attached image is heavily cropped, lens wide open, and was shot at iso 11.4k...I think it came out pretty well under the circumstances. Not perfect mind you, but pretty reasonable detail in pretty flat, not very bright light...This was meant to be a stress test, not the best images any of us have ever seen. The D750 still seems like a keeper to me, at least for my use.

Jan 06, 2015 at 09:07 PM
gophillies74

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

I sold a much loved D700 and a DF to purchase a D750. I too read all the glowing reviews and rented one as well. Now I have a case of buyers remorse. The D700 and DF may have been more forgiving but I'm starting to think the D750 is a bit overated. Countless times I try to use the much praised AF only to hear my lens searching, zooming in and out , in and out. Also, am I the only one who thinks the high ISO images aren't all that??

Jan 10, 2015 at 08:21 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

I think the high iso is pretty good, at least from my short time with the d750. This wasn't a good example since the lens was wide open in addition to iso 11,400 and heavy cropping...but to me it is pretty serviceable...and so far, once I got the af set up properly (I did not at first), it is as good as my d4 which is what I expected since it is the same af module.

Jan 10, 2015 at 08:45 PM
Dpedraza
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

gophillies74 wrote:
I sold a much loved D700 and a DF to purchase a D750. I too read all the glowing reviews and rented one as well. Now I have a case of buyers remorse. The D700 and DF may have been more forgiving but I'm starting to think the D750 is a bit overated. Countless times I try to use the much praised AF only to hear my lens searching, zooming in and out , in and out. Also, am I the only one who thinks the high ISO images aren't all that??

That's why I am renting one for my sons birthday party. I think I want to buy one mainly for higher ISO shooting and af. I'm by opposed to the d810 but the money saved could go into more glass.

Jan 10, 2015 at 08:49 PM
gophillies74

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

cohenfive, what do you mean by "af set up properly"? Maybe I'm missing something that could help..as far as high ISO or low light images, my experience was that the DF blows away the D750 in low light conditions...Just how my eyes see it. I don't know if having 8 less mp helps them look cleaner?

Jan 10, 2015 at 08:57 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

I had the AF set to AF-A at first and that didn't work for my type of shooting where I like to choose a focus point sometimes. Now all is good, and to my eye the af system is the equivalent of my d4's which is pretty darn good.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:07 AM
rwingsfan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D750 High ISO, Heavily Cropped Small Bird Test Pic.....

gophillies74 wrote:

Seems we are from the same parts As far as the lens searching do you have focus tracking with lock on set to off? Most people here set it up that way and I have found that when using AF-C and this setting any busy background makes focus bounce all over the place. I set it to high when shooting in the trees and have much better luck having focus lock in and not bounce from tree limb to tree limb like it does with the setting off.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:49 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.