Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Will Canon or Nikon Go Full Frame Mirrorless Soon?

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Will Canon or Nikon Go Full Frame Mirrorless Soon?

MRomine wrote:

I don't really care if Nikon or Canon come out with a full frame mirrorsless, I probably won't buy it because it will be too big and too heavy.

Take a 70D body, make it mirrorless, and just use all the crop-body lenses already in existence. No need to make a whole new set of lenses. And now you've got mirrorless in a very ergonomic body.

Jan 06, 2015 at 01:02 AM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Will Canon or Nikon Go Full Frame Mirrorless Soon?

D. Diggler wrote:
Take a 70D body, make it mirrorless, and just use all the crop-body lenses already in existence. No need to make a whole new set of lenses. And now you've got mirrorless in a very ergonomic body.

How would it achieve focus? On chip PDAF is still immature and most of the lenses are glacial with CDAF. Unless you do what Sony has already done with a pellicle mirror. And that won't allow smaller bodies later on.

Anyway, I'm not stuck on tiny mirrorless bodies and lenses. There are other significant advantages to mirrorless that aren't size/weight. Although it's nice to have the option of a smaller camera it's not always the best working choice. At the moment I'm finding that for me, the Olympus EM1 and Sony A72 are goldilocks sized with a grip on.

Gordon

Jan 06, 2015 at 01:43 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Will Canon or Nikon Go Full Frame Mirrorless Soon?

flash wrote:

How would it achieve focus? On chip PDAF is still immature and most of the lenses are glacial with CDAF.

Well, yeah, the focus is gonna be inferior to a DSLR - but, hey, ya got mirrorless.

Jan 06, 2015 at 02:18 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Will Canon or Nikon Go Full Frame Mirrorless Soon?

MRomine wrote:
For me personally, I don't don't have to have FF, that is not a make or break feature. FF requires big lenses. If you want fast zooms lenses then those lenses by nature will also be heavy. So I don't really care if Nikon or Canon come out with a full frame mirrorsless, I probably won't buy it because it will be too big and too heavy. I really like the APS-C or MFT size sensors. Those systems already have great lenses in place. I just want to see dual cards and a little more tweaking of the AF and
...Show more

I think with how good sensor tech as it is getting, Fuji have made a very smart move sticking with aps-c and building a lens line on it.

Jan 06, 2015 at 08:15 AM
popinvasion
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Will Canon or Nikon Go Full Frame Mirrorless Soon?

Apsc gives you more objects in focus. A good lens lineup and your good to go. Fuji has it nailed IMO. One more generation and I think Fuji will be perfect.

Jan 06, 2015 at 11:57 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.