• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yosemite Pano

Jan 04, 2015 at 07:42 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yosemite Pano

I like it, not sure about the toning but that's a taste thing.
I would recommend cropping from the left, just losing the big trees
Thanks for posting

Dan

Jan 04, 2015 at 07:53 PM
Tom In Arizona
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yosemite Pano

Hi Trijicon1...

I really like this one. It reminds me of some of the paintings of Yosemite that were done in the late 19th century by painters such as Thomas Moran and Albert Bierstadt.

Looks like it might have been an illustration of Harper's Weekly.

Very nice.

Thanks
Tom

Jan 04, 2015 at 08:03 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yosemite Pano

I like it! Very cool indeed with that toning. As Tom said it does give an old time feel to it. Certainly not a style for every photo, but it works here wonderfully.

Jim

Jan 05, 2015 at 02:13 AM
Trijicon1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yosemite Pano

Thank you all for the comments. I plan on printing this image. Any suggestions as to the paper, chemical, and ink I should use to get the best results?

Jan 07, 2015 at 01:03 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yosemite Pano

Trijicon1 wrote:
Thank you all for the comments. I plan on printing this image. Any suggestions as to the paper, chemical, and ink I should use to get the best results?

You are using chemicals and ink? What are you planning to use to print this? Not too many printing processes use chemicals anymore that I know of, unless you shot this on film and are printing in your own darkroom, but then you wouldn't be using ink.

You might want to post this shot in the Printing forum and ask for specific help there.

Jim

Jan 07, 2015 at 04:27 PM
Trijicon1
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yosemite Pano

JimFox wrote:
You are using chemicals and ink? What are you planning to use to print this? Not too many printing processes use chemicals anymore that I know of, unless you shot this on film and are printing in your own darkroom, but then you wouldn't be using ink.

You might want to post this shot in the Printing forum and ask for specific help there.

Jim

thanks Jim, sorry didn't mean to add ink. I'm also developing older negatives from a long time ago and meant chemicals for that. I'll post on the print forum thanks

Jan 07, 2015 at 06:02 PM
nebula
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yosemite Pano

I like it.

Jan 07, 2015 at 06:53 PM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Yosemite Pano

I like the toning, gives it an old school look. Though, I don't like the transition of one tone color to another though. Everything from the middle to the right side of the photo is great, screams old school and I love that. But then from middle to the left side it transitions to a darker greenish color, which I'm not a fan of. However this is just my taste preference.

Jason

Jan 07, 2015 at 07:14 PM
dakel
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Yosemite Pano

Very interesting piece of work. How big are you going to print it? I find the left side trees distracting, particularly the heavy branch sloping towards the middle. It's quite dark and draws my eye away from the beautiful scene.
Cheers!

Jan 07, 2015 at 07:20 PM
Trijicon1
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Yosemite Pano

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. After staring at it awhile, the green cast is somewhat annoying me. I changed it to a cooler blue/gray to contrast the warm yellow. I also extended the yellow cast to more of the image. I then cropped out the bigger tree on the left. Here is the result.

[/IMG]

Jan 08, 2015 at 01:35 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.