Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2015 · Canon 1DS MK3 or 5D MK3 ... which would you choose?

kezeka
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon 1DS MK3 or 5D MK3 ... which would you choose?

I have a 1D3 and owned a 5d2 for a while, both of which used similar generation sensor tech to the 1Ds3. The one major difference I have noticed outside of the obvious ability to use high ISOs is that the 5D3 has significantly more color and exposure latitude in the highlights compared to the exact same scene shot with a 1D3. The difference was less noticeable coming from my 5D2, but still there. The AF in the 5D3 is probably better but I never had trouble with my 1D3.

Jan 08, 2015 at 06:28 PM
Peacekpr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon 1DS MK3 or 5D MK3 ... which would you choose?

I've got both. If I had to sell one it would be the 1Ds3. The 1Ds never leaves the studio any more. The 5D3 is fantastic and does most of our weddings along with the 7D2.

The bottom line is only you can choose which camera is better suited to your style and/or business.

Jan 08, 2015 at 07:36 PM
chuck77
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon 1DS MK3 or 5D MK3 ... which would you choose?

I decided against the 1Ds3 after all, because (IMO) a DSLR should be a workshorse camera that can handle all situations. The limited ISO capability of the 1Ds3 and also limited latitude with post-processing the files are not good enough.

That new 5D4 looks very nice, but I am not quite ready to spend $4,500 (Canadian) on the body.

Aug 25, 2016 at 08:06 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.