New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · M Trade for 90AA R

chrislee
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · M Trade for 90AA R

I've been giving a lot of thought of buying into the Leica M series. I was thinking at first a used M9...but I also have seen the price incr. of nearly $1k on a new M 2/1/15. Yikes. So it's given me second thoughts about the M9 and just biting the bullet for the M.

Here's the scoop: I have a valuable 90mm AA R in very good shape (but the dealer told me needed a cleaning which would take at least a mos or so) Looking for opinions as to would it be possible for me to try an even trade for a used M for the 90mm? Or do you all think I should just have it cleaned, and then try an open sale...though I imagine at that point the used M prices will increase.

I stick to a system for a long time and don't have a lot of experience selling used gear. Oh, I also have a 28mm PC S. Angulon that's clean and in good working order that I can list here shortly.

I would really appreciate any advice!

Jan 04, 2015 at 01:44 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · M Trade for 90AA R

I would guess that the R lens is actually worth more, so a trade might go through. The M lens is as good, but more common. The needed cleaning could be a sticking point though, so you might have to do it first, but then you might get a little cash in the trade.

Jan 04, 2015 at 02:05 PM
chrislee
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · M Trade for 90AA R

Thanks so much Carstenw, I really appreciate your thoughts. I had a few posts with you, Kit L. and the gang back in 2006 ( got these from Kit actually, the 90mm he got from Guy...omg, had I known how much these would've appreciated ) I've used the 90mm a lot with my 5D over the yrs and absolutely love it! But I'm to the pt. of wanting a 'newer' camera. To be honest, I was hoping to like the Sony A7, but there's just something from a M that the images from the A7 can't rival, and I wasn't sure till I handled both Ms that a RF would work for me.

Anyway, if you think it's worth more, I'll just bring the lens in and have it cleaned and let the chips fall where they are. That, plus the 28's sale should still allow a used M and a used 35mm 'something' for now.

Cheers
chris

Jan 04, 2015 at 02:57 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.