Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nikon D750 1st Impression..Some Pics as Well...

cohenfive
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon D750 1st Impression..Some Pics as Well...

I bought a D750 recently and took it up to the local wildlife refuges in the central valley a couple of days ago. I literally got it the afternoon before heading up so didn't really set it up well, and messed up the focus settings with the camera on AFA Auto the entire day...which is not conducive to getting consistently sharp bird images. I have since corrected my mistake and did some shooting in my yard with better results...but I have enough to have some first impressions of the camera.

First, if you notice I have put my D4 up for sale here (and on cl). There are some things I will miss on the d4 as I think the overall handling is just a bit better, and of course the build is better. But for my shooting, I think the D750 is good enough in that regard and the keys that I need are all there--great AF (once you set it up right), fast enough FPS (I shot at high all day and hardly ever used high on my d4), great IQ and overall snappy performance. It is going to take some time to get used to a smaller, lighter body. I love the heft of the d4, but there are times when I take my camera gear on long hikes so losing a bit of weight is going to make it easier when I have to lug gear around. The resolution of the camera is clearly great. The only thing I have not tested yet is low light performance, but that has been beaten to death in the forums and reviews and the D750 sounds like the equal to the D4 which is good enough for me.

So I'm keeping the D750 even though it will be difficult to give up the amazing D4, but the former is good enough for how I shoot. Your mileage may vary. I have attached a few pics from the trip, not my best but I tried to show a bit of what the camera can do. Thanks for all the advice here, it has been helpful as always. Have a great new year!

Edited on Jan 03, 2015 at 12:37 PM · View previous versions

Dec 31, 2014 at 02:26 AM
alandizzle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon D750 1st Impression..Some Pics as Well...

great photos!

Dec 31, 2014 at 02:31 AM
tobycat2
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon D750 1st Impression..Some Pics as Well...

I'm still saving up for mine. Glad to hear all the positive reviews.

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:35 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon D750 1st Impression..Some Pics as Well...

Yup, so far so good. Sold my D4 so I'm 'all in'...

Jan 03, 2015 at 12:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.