Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2014 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

mttran wrote:
A7ii AF tracking quick review:

Doesn't use Canon EF lenses to test AF. How does this apply to the discussion?

Jan 07, 2015 at 12:58 PM
justruss
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

mttran wrote:
A7ii AF tracking quick review:

I'll repeat: I have zero (0) interest in AF tracking. I think that's a discussion for a totally different thread.

This thread is about one-shot, center-point AF using 35mm lenses native to the respective mounts.

Jan 08, 2015 at 04:12 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

justruss wrote:
I'll repeat: I have zero (0) interest in AF tracking. I think that's a discussion for a totally different thread.

This thread is about one-shot, center-point AF using 35mm lenses native to the respective mounts.

Fyi, A7ii is 30% more accurate & faster than A7 which is already better than A7(R)so it helps in one shot mode. Is this what you want to find out in more option

Jan 08, 2015 at 04:34 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

justruss wrote:
mttran, I have to say Gunzorro is on the right track here-- at least for this thread!

This is a conversation about centerpoint AF, one-shot, using 35mm lenses (ideally native to their respective systems for the sake of size/speed) on the 5D2 vs. A7-series cameras.

I-- the OP here-- am not really interested in any of the Sony crop-sensor options at the moment. And I'm not chasing the A7(r) as an IQ upgrade-driven process. As I've said, I'm satisfied with the tools I have, but I'd love to get the same in a smaller system.

There's no doubt the A7r is
...Show more

OK. I finally got to test my A72 in low light. I shot an exposure of ISO 100, f9 at 8 seconds. So reasonably dim (15 mins after summer sunset). Fantastic. I shot mostly on the 16-35 and it was pretty quick and dead accurate, any where on the screen. It's been a while since I've owned a 5D2 but I feel the A72 was better as a low light camera.

Forget teh XE1 or 2. They collapse in a pile when the lights ae low. Great high ISO but they don't focus in low light. The XT1 is the only real option from Fuji. Even the A7R is better than the XE1.

I bought the A7S as a low light focuser for receptions. Maybe I didn't need to. The A72 is really good as an AF camera in single shot.

And I know your not looking for a quality upgrade but you will be surprised about how damn good the A7 sensor is compared to the Canon.

Gordon

Jan 08, 2015 at 05:37 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

Thanks Gordon.

I've just got to get around to taking my current kit to the shop and giving the A7II a whirl. I'm getting more interested with the 28mm f/2 prototype they showed at CES. That's the lens I'd probably end up going with if the quality/AF holds up.

Jan 08, 2015 at 06:58 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

Me too. I prefer a 28/50 combo over a 35mm.

Gordon

Jan 08, 2015 at 04:57 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

Gordon

flash
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Center-point A7(r) AF compared to 5Dmk2?

Gordon

1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.