Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Questions for the B&G

sgtbueno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Questions for the B&G

I'm cr:eating a questionnaire that I'll send to the Bride right after completing a booking, so far I have this questions:

Place of reception and address?

Place of Ceremony and address:

Place of getting ready for the Bride:

Place of getting ready for the Groom:

What is the color scheme of your wedding?

If you had to choose one photograph to walk away from your wedding day with, what would it be?

How many guests will be invited?

Time and place of Engagement session?

Can you guys help me with some more questions?

Dec 29, 2014 at 09:05 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Questions for the B&G

You should have asked for all that long before booking. A lot of it should be in your contract.

Dec 29, 2014 at 09:42 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Questions for the B&G

I'm asking for questions not comments

Dec 29, 2014 at 09:52 PM
Boss302
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Questions for the B&G

Number in weddimg party.
Number of family members to be included.
Who will be the contact for the day to gather persons for group shots
Do you have a wedding planner/coordinator? Name/contact information.
Time of ceremony
Time of bride arrival/getting ready.
Are you doing a first look? What is your vision for that.
Ceremony indoors or outside?

Just a few.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Questions for the B&G

Thanks, Boss

kept it coming guys

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Questions for the B&G

sgtbueno wrote:
I'm asking for questions not comments

WHY haven't you asked for all that long before booking? WHY is a lot of it not in your contract?

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Questions for the B&G

I'm creating a new updated questionnaire to be sent to the bride right after booking. I print that right before heading to the wedding, just trying to be sure that I'm covering all the bases.

I'm still waiting for some input from you lmao

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Questions for the B&G

amonline wrote:
You should have asked for all that long before booking. A lot of it should be in your contract.

The contract should include the obligations of the parties at interest, I don't see why these items would be included. Certainly I wouldn't want any "one picture you have to have" language in my contract, but to each their own...

In any case, as far as questions go I like to have a phone number for someone close to the couple, like maid of honor etc, as they usually know where everyone is if I cant reach the couple for some reason.

Also, I'm curious why does their color theme matter? How does that change what you do?

Dec 30, 2014 at 01:03 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Questions for the B&G

I need that info because my packages includes either save the date cards or thank you cards and I create the cards myself, so I try to have a design that match their wedding.

Dec 30, 2014 at 01:20 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Questions for the B&G

amonline wrote:

stevez32 wrote:
The contract should include the obligations of the parties at interest, I don't see why these items would be included. Certainly I wouldn't want any "one picture you have to have" language in my contract, but to each their own...

In any case, as far as questions go I like to have a phone number for someone close to the couple, like maid of honor etc, as they usually know where everyone is if I cant reach the couple for some reason.

Also, I'm curious why does their color theme matter? How does that change what you do?

Pay attention, Steve. I said, "a lot" of those should be included; not "all".

Now, many of the things he mentioned ARE obligations of the parties at interest. The first four mentioned are on my contracts, as is the e-session and number of guests. Why? Because I have to plan, hire, and execute accordingly.

And yes, I do ask the couple about their color scheme during every consult to open a dialog with the couple about the day they have planned. This simple question very often brings many questions from the bride about things she thinks I may be able to help with. That's called "building a relationship". It leads to a very high ratio percentage of bookings. I've helped so many times with things, I've lost count.

Stick around, buddy. We'll teach you some things.

Dec 30, 2014 at 02:20 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Questions for the B&G

Amoline,
I do not ask for the day for the engagement session, the address for the ceremony and reception are not on my contract either, just the name.

Dec 30, 2014 at 02:37 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Questions for the B&G

Well, yea, the e-session info is optional. Sometimes they already have ideas. Sometimes, they don't. Sometimes, they know when they'll be available. Sometimes, that's how it all started to begin with. These possibilities are why those blanks exist in my contract.

However, those other things are something I want to know before I commit. That's just common sense. What if they spring a 500 mile trip on you? You just gonna take that hit? Not only have you already made a contract, but you most likely have travel and additional employees to cover now.

Trust me. You learn these things after 7 or 8 years.

Dec 30, 2014 at 03:47 AM
hendrikm
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Questions for the B&G

I wouldnŽt send out the questionaire after booking, as they might book a year in advance. I doubt that any bride knows at this point of time whre the grooms getting ready will take place.

But this questionaire makes sense two weeks prior to the wedding.

But to answer your question, IŽd include the following topics:

Which relatives (parents, siblings, grandparents) are attending?
Parents (divorced? Will they stand next to each other during a family picture)
Siblings (Single/married/friend, with kids?)

Dec 30, 2014 at 04:14 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Questions for the B&G

amonline wrote:
That's called "building a relationship". It leads to a very high ratio percentage of bookings. I've helped so many times with things, I've lost count.

Stick around, buddy. We'll teach you some things.

These are questions "I'll send to the Bride right after completing a booking." You already booked at this point, pay attention.

You are relatively new here so I'll let your last comment slide

Dec 30, 2014 at 04:19 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Questions for the B&G

LMFAO Pay attention to the actual conversation, not just the first post.

Dec 30, 2014 at 04:40 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Questions for the B&G

To the nice brides:

is it possible we date if you split up

Dec 30, 2014 at 04:44 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Questions for the B&G

How about:

What is your favourite movie?

^ because y'know, you're just the super-fun quirky photographer that'll be so amazeballs to have at your wedding

Dec 30, 2014 at 04:47 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Questions for the B&G

hendrikm wrote:
I wouldnŽt send out the questionaire after booking, as they might book a year in advance.

I'm sure it works for some but I don't send one out at all. Sounds like more work for people who don't need more work or micro managing (mine don't anyway). I've actually reflected on a few things this year that I've always done and asked whether they're always necessary, or at least for every client. And in some cases, doing less is actually delivering a better service. I think part of that is making sure you're working for the right people to begin with, and that you try and really understand their needs...

Dec 30, 2014 at 04:58 AM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Questions for the B&G

sgtbueno wrote:
Amoline,
the address for the ceremony and reception are not on my contract either, just the name.

Why not? How is it a legally binding contract?

Dec 30, 2014 at 09:13 AM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Questions for the B&G

http://danielbostwickphotography.com/wedding-day-details/

This usually covers all my basis. I usually send it out a few weeks before the wedding.

Dec 30, 2014 at 09:17 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.