New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Planes

IndioInMrica
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Planes

C&C welcome. I have a uncalibrated monitor so not sure how colors look on your screens

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Planes

Rahul, I believe that the second image is the better of the two, simply because the sun isn't overpowering the plane itself like in the first image.

If you do not mind, check out the Mustangs, Air to Air thread in this same sub-forum for some tips on aviation photography. You will find it near the top of the page most of the time, but it occasionally slips a bit further down the page. At 4400+ pages in length, there is a lot to see and absorb, but it is well worth it.

Regards, Colin

Dec 29, 2014 at 06:36 PM
IndioInMrica
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Planes

Thanks Colin. What do you think about this one, it is from same series

Dec 29, 2014 at 09:59 PM
TJ Asher
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Planes

From a purely compositional standpoint, you have two separate focal points competing with each other.

A focal point is usually the area of greatest contrast in an image. The contrast can be colors or brightness. In this image both focal points are brightness - the plane taking off is a dark area against light sky and the sun is a light area against dark ground. I try to have a single focal point in an image but sometimes two can work. Maybe your name keeps drawing my eye to the sun. I'd suggest maybe moving your name to the side to see if it helps any?

The plane on the taxiway still gets lost in the ground compared to the sun blasting out.

The plane taking off is mid-gear up and looks a bit odd to me. I think either full gear down or up would be better aesthetically. It also looks like it has a bit of motion blur which I find does not add to the photo.

Of the three posted here I think the second could be the best with a bit of cropping. I'd crop about 1/4 off the left side so the plane is no longer centered but is towards the left of the image "flying" into the empty right side of the image. You need to give moving objects in photos some place to go in the photo.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
TJ

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:39 PM
IndioInMrica
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Planes

Thanks TJ for your suggestions.

Jan 02, 2015 at 02:26 PM
Fast6
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Planes

Rahul-
In all 3 of them, your horizon is severely crooked. Perhaps fix those in your next versions. I also agree that your watermark is very distracting.

Jan 02, 2015 at 06:28 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Planes

colors look fine, horizons .... not so much

Jan 02, 2015 at 07:08 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.