Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · In person sales, Laptop, TV, Prints or Projector?

cwes
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · In person sales, Laptop, TV, Prints or Projector?

I want to setup a studio and would like some ideas, pros and cons on using a big screen flat panel, projector, laptop, prints to display my work and their photos from their session. What worked best for others. I know Lightroom has templates that shows a room and wall with different size prints. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM
thebmrust
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · In person sales, Laptop, TV, Prints or Projector?

Know your clients.

They buy what they see.

Show them small images, they buy small prints. Show them 30x40 canvas and 20x30 prints, double mat and framed...that's what they buy.

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:13 PM
TJ Asher
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · In person sales, Laptop, TV, Prints or Projector?

The adage, show big and sell big is around for a reason.

As Mr. Rust stated, show them what you want to sell them.

Many folks are used to seeing 4x6 prints and think that's a print. To me, that's just a proof. It's not a print.

In my old studio I used to have lots of photos hanging on the walls, none smaller than 11x14 and some as large as 30x40. I used a 50 inch HD TV to show "proofs" on after the photo sessions. They got used to seeing very large images and wanted that look for their homes.

I tried a projector but was not happy with how I had to set it up in my studio. Your situation may differ. I know a woman who had a pretty slick setup in her studio where she had a projector and showed images against one wall. HUGE images of the kids she photographed. You can bet she sold huge prints.

The thing is your clients need to have enough wall space for these huge prints.

Jan 16, 2015 at 08:57 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · In person sales, Laptop, TV, Prints or Projector?

You sell what you show.

I project in studio. It helps clients overcome their preconceived notions that am 8x10 is "large" by showing them actual sizes of wall portraits.

I display large wall portraits so clients can see the quality of finished product that the studio produces in-house.

ken

Jan 17, 2015 at 09:43 AM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · In person sales, Laptop, TV, Prints or Projector?

I have done this successfully:

I have selected what I thought was the best image of the session--the one I'd want as my own sample work for public display--and enlarged it to 30x40 just for that purpose (I have a couple of free public venues for my work--something very valuable to procure if you can). Then I've shown it at the sales session. It has always worked to encourage clients to buy larger than they'd intended, and very frequently they (at least the wife/mother) will insist on walking out with that very print.

Feb 07, 2015 at 02:46 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · In person sales, Laptop, TV, Prints or Projector?

Start large you always can go smaller if the client asks for it but the will rarely ask you to larger. So start at you largest size for each image. I ve heard of wedding photos taking a projector to the clients home with templates for varios frames and setup the project the image on the wall in the clients home where it will hang with the frame and mat overlay. So it appears the final image is visually displayed so they can see which size fits the spot the best. They also throw up several other photos for additional sales.

Feb 22, 2015 at 03:35 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.