New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Lemon law for lenses?

vkobayas

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lemon law for lenses?

I bought a Tamron 70-200 VC last November. Since then I have sent the lens back three times for the same problem. The first time the lens stopped auto focusing and they fixed the problem which they stated they replaced the af motor. Soon after that the lens exhibited the same problem and I sent it back. This time Tamron sent a replacement lens. It too had af problems and I sent it back once more for repairs. Today, the af stopped working completely. When I got home I tried it out and the af worked but it was very slow and loud. I'm planning on calling Tamron tomorrow but is there a lemon law for camera equipment?

Honestly I don't want another replacement, I just want my money back. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Dec 28, 2014 at 08:32 PM
markd61
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lemon law for lenses?

Lemon laws are on a state by state basis and are usually limited to autos (I believe).

Tamron is probably as annoyed as you are about the problem as they know you will be telling the world about your issue. I would contact the vendor who sold it and see what they can do but the time is so long I doubt that will have much sympathy.

Dec 28, 2014 at 09:21 PM
vkobayas

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lemon law for lenses?

markd61 wrote:
Lemon laws are on a state by state basis and are usually limited to autos (I believe).

Tamron is probably as annoyed as you are about the problem as they know you will be telling the world about your issue. I would contact the vendor who sold it and see what they can do but the time is so long I doubt that will have much sympathy.

I actually got the lens through Greetoe.com. I contacted them and they will contact the vendor and let me know. I thought it was my camera but I have a bunch of other lenses that never have a problem.

Dec 28, 2014 at 09:31 PM
shmn
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lemon law for lenses?

Check the webpage for your state's attorney. There may be some info on there as some states do have Lemon Laws that apply to a variety of consumer items although most states are for vehicles only. If you used a credit card, you can also see if they have some sort of extra protection or arbitration clause.

Dec 28, 2014 at 09:43 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lemon law for lenses?

Tamron seems to be trying hard to fix the problem. Heck they have already given you a new lens. I would work with them and eventually the problem WILL get fixed.

Just a little patience goes a long way.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:23 PM
vkobayas

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lemon law for lenses?

rattymouse wrote:
Tamron seems to be trying hard to fix the problem. Heck they have already given you a new lens. I would work with them and eventually the problem WILL get fixed.

Just a little patience goes a long way.

I will try to work with them but as far as a new lens, I think it was a lens that was taken in previously that they attempted to fix. My original lens probably will be sent to someone else and my only evidence is that they guarantee a three day turnaround. Since they probably weren't able to fix the problem, it was faster for them to just send a replacement.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM
J.D.
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lemon law for lenses?

Did you take the body in as well?

Dec 29, 2014 at 07:04 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.