Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

arnold1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

I am looking to get a Battery Grip BG-E11 for my 5D III. Camera Canada has a pretty good deal on it and I was wondering if they were an authorized Canon dealer and have a good reputation? Their price for the grip is $90 cheaper than B&H and Amazon and that made me wonder if it were too good to be true?!!

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

I bought through them using the Canon Price Watch site. They are legit.

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:37 PM
arnold1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

Thank you Robert! I saw the ad for the grip on CPW also and since I had never bought from them I figured I'd ask. Did you have to pay any Customs Duties?

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:46 PM
ardvorak
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

I've purchased both my 7Dii and 100-400ii from them. Awesome experience and, no, no duties paid.

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:05 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

They are a great company to buy gears from. So far I've got the following lenses from Camera Canada: 800L, 200-400L and 400 DO MkII.

Their sales manager Joe Todd is on the ball.

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM
codyconway
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

yep same as above ^ bought my 7D II from them thanks to CPW. No duties, paid USD - and made the deal even better.

Dec 28, 2014 at 01:08 AM
arnold1
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

Many thanks for the info. That's really helpful to know. How was the shipping time?

Dec 28, 2014 at 03:45 AM
codyconway
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

3 days to texas

Dec 28, 2014 at 03:51 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

Arnold, nope- they handled everything (when I did it through Canonpricewatch.com) it was simple. I filled out the form and then I was contacted by the guy from the site (seems shady) and then I was offered a price. I agreed and then received an invoice from the store.

I made sure I was being offered NEW, not refurbished, gray market, or customer returned merchandise. The only "thing" with mine was that I only wanted a body and they broke a 24-105/body combo up to give me the body only (meaning, I still received a brand new product, they just removed the lens from the kit box).

Everything is on the up and up. Can't say enough good things about it. I actually gave our US vendors a chance to price match (which they say they do). They weren't agreeable, so I took my business to Canada.

Dec 28, 2014 at 08:47 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

RobertLynn wrote:
Everything is on the up and up. Can't say enough good things about it. I actually gave our US vendors a chance to price match (which they say they do). They weren't agreeable, so I took my business to Canada.

Welcome to the land of free enterprise and old fashioned customer service. That is so different from some giant retailers where indifferent company reps....
(1) ask you what your problem is
(2) put your call on hold for 20 minutes
(3) ask you again what is that you are calling them for
(4) put you on hold again
(5) a different agent comes on the line and ask you what is that you want again.....

Dec 28, 2014 at 09:20 AM
thedutt
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

+1 for camera Canada , purchased by 500 ii from them directly. Had to pay ~425 in duty + shipping.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

thedutt wrote:
+1 for camera Canada , purchased by 500 ii from them directly. Had to pay ~425 in duty + shipping.

Hi Aditya,

Is it possible that the $425 was local sales tax and maybe a brokerage fee? There should be no duty between CA and US, although it often seems to be called that.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:21 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

Camera Canada is legit I got my X's, and several new L lenses from them. Everything was shipped fast. I tried to buy from BH and Adorama but they couldn't match CC prices. CC was a good experience and one I wouldn't have a problem using again...

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:22 AM
rcm123
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

I have purchased a couple of lenses and bodies from Camera Canada over the past several years. Great service, very fine people to deal with.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM
mpoole
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

Been in the store, bought on-line and have met the owner a few times. Nice enthusiastic bunch of people. Ordered the new 100-400 II on Thursday, received Friday

They are the real deal!

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM
JimLittle
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

rcm123 wrote:
I have purchased a couple of lenses and bodies from Camera Canada over the past several years. Great service, very fine people to deal with.

+1....bought my 600 II with no problems and great price....

Dec 28, 2014 at 04:31 PM
BCPete
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

I've bought a lot of lenses & cameras from them in the past five years ... and often they have the lowest prices for the lenses I was buying. I just bought the 100-400mm II from them, and got it way faster than I expected! Our version of B&H up here IMO - great company.

Dec 28, 2014 at 07:16 PM
arnold1
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

It is nice to hear all this positive feedback. In my experience, anytime I reached out to any of the local vendors for a possible price match, I ended up wasting their time and mine. So, as long as a reputable and authorized dealer has the real thing for less, and is not into nickel and diming me, I would be happy to buy from them.

Dec 28, 2014 at 08:36 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

Is Canadian gear considered "gray market"? Just wondering with Canon's recent statement on gray market items. Would like to get a US warranty if I bought from them.

Dec 29, 2014 at 07:22 AM
arnold1
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Has anyone dealt with Camera Canada?

ggreene wrote:
Is Canadian gear considered "gray market"? Just wondering with Canon's recent statement on gray market items. Would like to get a US warranty if I bought from them.

This is the response I got to my question about the item from them:

"It is made by Canon and comes in the full retail box with full North American warranty."

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.