New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Topaz Denoise

Methodical
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Topaz Denoise

Does anyone use this? What's your opinion of this noise reduction software. I will download the trial unit, but just wanted to see what folks that have used this think of it.

Thanks...Al

Dec 26, 2014 at 07:53 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Topaz Denoise

I've been using Denoise and most of the Topaz plugins for 5 years and they're great. You have to learn to monkey with the settings for best results, e.g., more NR in shadows & less in mids, and can selectively paint it in if you don't want to mess with adjustment layers in PS. CS is very good as most upgrades and bug fixes to the suite were free all these years. I keep buying more of their plugins. The BW plugin is also excellent and very customizable.

Dec 27, 2014 at 02:18 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Topaz Denoise

Thanks for the response. Do you use it with Lightroom? I have not used PS Elements in years.

Dec 27, 2014 at 06:43 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Topaz Denoise

I use it with Photoshop CS5.1, normally in an adjustment layer. Not a LR user. However, I tried Topaz it in Aperture a few times but didn't care for the workflow. i.e., having to export to TIFF/JPEG once the the plugin is applied. I have a lot of plugins and the Topaz suite--especially Adjustments, Clarity and Denoise-- is the only one that gets used daily.

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Topaz Denoise

Gochugogi wrote:
I've been using Denoise and most of the Topaz plugins for 5 years and they're great. You have to learn to monkey with the settings for best results, e.g., more NR in shadows & less in mids, and can selectively paint it in if you don't want to mess with adjustment layers in PS. CS is very good as most upgrades and bug fixes to the suite were free all these years. I keep buying more of their plugins. The BW plugin is also excellent and very customizable.

+1

Dec 27, 2014 at 02:47 PM
butlerkid
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Topaz Denoise

Topaz DeNoise is one of the best noise reduction programs out there. I get much better results with it than LR or ACR when serious noise is present.

Jan 02, 2015 at 06:35 PM
Deezie
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Topaz Denoise

I have Denoise, but mostly use the noise reduction slider in Lightroom. It works very well and stays within my work flow of using Lightroom. Denoise is about the same as using Lightroom, but there are a bunch of presets and other sliders you can use and then once you've selected your choice it takes a few moments to make the adjustments, whereas with Lightroom, the adjustments are immediate. Just a better workflow in my opinion.

Jan 03, 2015 at 11:01 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Topaz Denoise

Although I usually use the noise reduction slider in Lightroom when that is not satisfactory or the noise is particularly bad then I switch to DeNoise which works great. There are others I've been impressed with too so I'd download a few noise reduction programs and trial them before buying.

Jan 03, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Topaz Denoise

Update: I've been using the Denoise and I like it better than LR because it works and it does all the work for me. I plan to purchase the software.

Thanks

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Topaz Denoise

I have the NiK collection and the Topaz bundle and I prefer the NiK collection for most things except noise reduction. Topaz DeNoise is IMHO much more effective and gives more control than NiK Define.

Jan 22, 2015 at 05:56 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.