FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · F-stop bag or????

dgdg
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · F-stop bag or????

Nice portrait!

I put my 400DO on top of the ICU as well in a think tank pouch. I'd be surprised if they stopped making one in that size. It worked very well. I still have the pouch but sadly had to let my 400DO go. What a swell tele hiking lens.

David

Jan 02, 2015 at 09:52 AM
boingyman
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · F-stop bag or????

I have the Loka and to be honest the Tilopa BC is almost the same size visually. It's thicker, but with the straps tightened up it basically becomes the size of the Loka. If I could do it again I would probably get the Tilopa BC over the Loka. Have you looked at the Loka-UL? It's about 1.2 pounds lighter than the original Loka. Anyway you can't go wrong with any of the Mountain Series bags. Very well built, but you definitely pay the premium for it. I would get the Gatekeeper straps as well. I got 2 large and 2 small. Definitely comes in handy when you have the bag stuffed.

Jan 05, 2015 at 06:08 PM
ourabmen
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · F-stop bag or????

You might take a look at the Osprey Kode 42. Moos jaw sells them for $170.00. I ordered the Loka and the Kode 42 to compare, looking for a pack to take to Africa last fall. I sent the Loka back, I just couldn't see the difference for the extra cash.

I used the large pro ICU, and had a D700, D7100, two grips, 24-120, 80-400, and a 20mm and 50 mm prime, and had plenty of room for small eagle creek bags with cards, bats, and cables. The Kode has nice gear hauling capacity on the side;s of the pack that worked perfectly for carrying a tripod.

http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/group/vertical_endeavors__snowplay/kode_series

Jan 05, 2015 at 06:49 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · F-stop bag or????

That looks like an interesting option

Jan 05, 2015 at 08:50 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.