Thanks a lot !!

Dec 24, 2014 at 06:53 AM
heikoM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1 image to C&C

some random thoughts:

first impression was: "simple"

the longer I looked the more I liked it. It has a certain quality that I canīt get with words right. Something like fine art.

I think I would like it more in contrasty b&w, with dramatic sky. Feel the leaves are a bit close to the couple. Awesome dynamic range by the way.

merry christmas.

heiko

Dec 24, 2014 at 08:26 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1 image to C&C

I really like it. You might try heiko's suggestion, but I like the understated tones. I'm seeing too many over the top, amped up photos lately.

Dec 24, 2014 at 09:40 AM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1 image to C&C

I think its nice but I think its stiff.
What its missing is gesture IMO.
Heads together, or hugging in a non-posey way. This looks like they're trying (look at the guys back and legs, straight as a board...he's trying too hard) which makes it 'not natural'(and of course it isn't natural as it is a photoshoot but it needs to come across that way)...and this particular shot, to me, needs to look more natural or romantic.

Another thing I don't like (you said c&c in every possible way ) is how the grass cuts their legs below the knees (which composition-wise makes them look shorter). Don't know if you could've gotten on something to go higher or lower but thats just something else that stood out to me.

Just my opinion.

Miguel

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1 image to C&C

I like what you are trying to do, the tree has a nice shape but their clothing is not helping this image. Big bold stripes on his shirt draw too much attention to his body. Converting to B&W will help some. I know we can't control what people wear but we can guide them in pre-session consults about what photographs well and what doesn't.

As has been mentioned the guy is too stiff and not really into the moment. Maybe if he had wrapped his arms around her waist from behind so that her back was turned into his chest so that she could look over her left shoulder while he kissed on her temple or the side of her head would look more believable.

Dec 24, 2014 at 02:07 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1 image to C&C

I see a tree.

Dec 24, 2014 at 02:45 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1 image to C&C

Do you have a wider crop version? Seems a bit too tight around the tree and maybe could benefit from some more space. Also they seem a bit too close to the tree, or maybe not close enough (like against the trunk may be nice). Something about their arrangement with the tree and the crop just seems a bit off. Their pose doesn't bother me that much. Also they seem a bit soft/blurry to me somehow.

Dec 24, 2014 at 03:40 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1 image to C&C

Yep....I saw a tree too! Then again....for my day job I model 3D tree's for a living....so go figure.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1 image to C&C

His arm placement hinders showing her figure to it's best. Something I need to try to keep an eye on more as well.

I know it has been done but have her kick one leg up behind would suit this too.

I like it otherwise.

Dec 26, 2014 at 09:31 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.