New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Photo wall display

andyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo wall display

I'm getting ready to re-do my home office. For the last few years I've used acrylic frames that can stand freely on any flat surface to hold my 8x10 prints. I could make a new print and slip it in the frame easily whenever I wanted to swap them out. I'm removing paneling on one wall and it will now be white, at least the top half. Some paneling may be salvaged for the lower half. Now to the question, I don't want holes in the walls but do want the flexibility to hang and arrange prints. I've seen various systems such as a rod near the ceiling and cables that drop down and hold one or more prints on each. Some are quite costly, some look better, some seem more reliable and secure.

Any recommendations on displaying your work so that prints of different sizes can be swapped whenever you want?

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:20 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo wall display

Hi Andy,

You're describing a museumish approach - nice but as you say, costly. I ran across Command hooks in another FM thread. I haven't tried them but their products seem promising for the sort of need you're describing. Watch their videos on how the products work - it's ingenious.

Regards,

Chuck

http://www.command.com/

Dec 23, 2014 at 05:17 AM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo wall display

It's Christmas and we have Command Hooks all over. I never thought they'd hold the weight.

This is exactly what I'm talking about and you are correct, it is a museum, commercial type system.

http://www.walkerdisplay.com/molding.html

I haven't see the hooks recently in the hardware store but my parents old place had moulding with hooks and mom would use chain or dad might use thin fishing line so there are cheaper alternatives that accomplish the same thing. But either way its nice to display the artwork you've created.

Dec 23, 2014 at 07:37 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo wall display

ashanging.com 'click-track' system

There was another exactly same thread here about a month ago.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1331757/0?keyword=x#12713131

Dec 23, 2014 at 07:48 AM
mhp_sd
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo wall display

I have really enjoyed collagewall.com
Lots of holes the first time but then easy to rearrange.
You can also order through ROES on bay photo - just not as many layout options.

Dec 23, 2014 at 05:48 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photo wall display

I had not seen collage wall, thank you.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:25 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.