Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

roadrunner

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

A morning scene shot at the Dingle pensinsula in the southwest of Ireland.

http://fotoda.zenfolio.com/img/s12/v184/p473218778-5.jpg

Dec 21, 2014 at 03:54 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

Some really fine light here! I like the combing of the hillside by the clouds, my only nit, I don't like the centered location of the titled subject.
Douglas

Dec 21, 2014 at 06:35 AM
Bob Altic
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

Nice shot, love the colors and mist. Yeah, I think the fisherman would be better offset, but, I don't see how you could do it and not miss a significant amount of the sweep of the view. I love the Dingle area, and really appreciate your sharing. Bob

Dec 21, 2014 at 09:39 AM
roadrunner

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

douter wrote:
Some really fine light here! I like the combing of the hillside by the clouds, my only nit, I don't like the centered location of the titled subject.
Douglas

Many thanks for your appreciation, Douglas.I tried to reframe the picture so that the fisherman wasn't in a central position but then I would miss a big part of the beautiful view.

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:11 AM
roadrunner

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

Bob Altic wrote:
Nice shot, love the colors and mist. Yeah, I think the fisherman would be better offset, but, I don't see how you could do it and not miss a significant amount of the sweep of the view. I love the Dingle area, and really appreciate your sharing. Bob

I totally agree with you, Bob. It was our first visit ever to Ireland...we visited three peninsulas in the southwest...Beara, Kerry and finally Dingle...we really loved it. Next year we'll visit Connemara and the southern part of Sligo. Many thanks for your appreciation!

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM
chas
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

Truly one of my favorite places in the world. My ancestors came from there 170 years ago, and 15 years ago, I sat on a rock on the top of the hill in the background and wrote my "Best Man's Speech" for my youngest brothers wedding, while listening to old Celtic music on my Walkman. It was a day just like you have pictured, with the clouds covering then revealing the tops of the hills. A magical day. When I opened your image, I just sighed. It makes me want to get back there in the worst way. My ancestors songs call to me. Thanks for reminding me of their tune.

Chas

Dec 24, 2014 at 05:14 PM
roadrunner

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Fisherman (Dingle / Ireland)

chas wrote:
Truly one of my favorite places in the world. My ancestors came from there 170 years ago, and 15 years ago, I sat on a rock on the top of the hill in the background and wrote my "Best Man's Speech" for my youngest brothers wedding, while listening to old Celtic music on my Walkman. It was a day just like you have pictured, with the clouds covering then revealing the tops of the hills. A magical day. When I opened your image, I just sighed. It makes me want to get back there in the worst way. My ancestors
...Show more

Many thanks for your wonderful comment! Merry Christmas!

Dec 25, 2014 at 04:00 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.