New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 610 vs 750

runakid
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 610 vs 750

How much difference between the two- other than price. $600 difference in refurb price from Nikon store. Seem to have many of the same details- like 24.3 k sensors.

Dec 16, 2014 at 02:02 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 610 vs 750

I am sorry but you started a D700 vs. D800, D800 vs. D810, D7000 vs D800, D610 vs. D750, etc... You could've just started one thread saying "Suggestions for a new camera".

Dec 16, 2014 at 02:07 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 610 vs 750

hijazist wrote:
I am sorry but you started a D700 vs. D800, D800 vs. D810, D7000 vs D800, D610 vs. D750, etc... You could've just started one thread saying "Suggestions for a new camera".

lol, so right.

the name gives it away . . . runakid not runaman

Dec 16, 2014 at 02:17 PM
MitchSC
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 610 vs 750

Compare specs here:
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/dslr-cameras/index.page

Dec 16, 2014 at 02:37 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 610 vs 750

Just wondered- seem very close.
Sorry to have bothered you guys.

Dec 16, 2014 at 04:10 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 610 vs 750

AF system.

It's just like what Canon did with the 5d2 vs. 5d3, except the price difference is $600 instead of $1500.

Dec 16, 2014 at 04:24 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 610 vs 750

Grantland wrote:
lol, so right.

the name gives it away . . . runakid not runaman

Runakid has Runamuck?

It sure seems like he is just trolling or bored?

Dec 16, 2014 at 06:53 PM
tdlavigne
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 610 vs 750

I think I've mentioned it in like 5 or 6 of your other threads :P

If you can't justify why you need a new camera, then you probably don't. So far you've asked about D600, 610, 7100, 800/e, and 810. They're all pretty much different cameras, so without knowing anything about you I'd wager you've just got some money burning a hole in your pocket and NAS (Nikon Aquirement Syndrome). Nothing wrong with it...but to ask variations of the same question isn't really gonna get you anywhere. Especially if you can't follow up the question with more details so as to give people a chance to respond with information that would apply directly to you.

If you just want to know "whats the difference specs-wise between camera x and y", then you can check and compare at dxomark or dpreview off the top of my head...might be a couple more, but specs aren't gonna change between sites so those should be more than enough. If you want reviews and opinions about which body is better, youtube has vids...and fredmiranda, photo.net, dpreview, nikonrumors, etc all have forums where people have asked the same questions, and people have replied ad nauseum.

I would suggest next time starting with:
"Hi, I shoot x, y, and z with a (insert camera and lens(es)). I find that I am not happy with its performance in the following areas (list). I would like it if it could do a, b, and c. My budget is $12345... What should I be looking at when I go to the local camera store to test (or rent) one?" Then actually go and hold/play with the bodies and see if you like them. The opinions of others should only go so far when you make your decision.

You'd probably get much farther along much quicker. Just my 2 cents though...

Dec 17, 2014 at 01:16 AM
lorac
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 610 vs 750

If you're serious about getting another camera and not just "window shopping", it's incumbent upon you to do some of your own research. People are usually pretty generous, but true for any of these kinds of forums. You can surely compare the specs between cameras yourself. Then if you're serious, spend some of your time looking through the posts for the past few days in this section of FM. I've looked at a lot of them, and I'm pretty sure the answers you seek are within other threads. If not then come back with a specific question.

I know this demands more of your time than just asking and wanting people do the work for you, but it's really a good usage of your time IMO. I do it on FM and other forums, when I have the time. Have for years and it NEVER fails that I'm exposed to useful info that I would have never encountered if I hadn't read or at least skimmed through many of the threads.

Dec 17, 2014 at 02:47 AM
newusaa
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 610 vs 750

I'm considering moving into one of these bodies as well. I don't particularly need sophisticated focus, as I don't shoot moving things. I would like it, but I don't need it. Same thing goes with the flip screen.... Would love to have it, but don't need it. If you can say you don't need pretty much all the advantages of the 750, then the price difference surely isn't worth it.

I think the 610 is a steal myself. I have affectionately started referring to this body as "the sensor" because that sensor packs such a wallop at such an unbelievable price.

Dec 17, 2014 at 02:48 AM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 610 vs 750

I want to apologize for my very poor posts. It won't happen again. I do want to thank you guys and gals for all the help you have been in the past and, if you will allow me, in the future. This site has been such a wonderful help to me in so many ways. I don't want to ever do anything to hurt my chances in the future for help in my future post. FM is such a wonderful tool and such a wonderful place to learn from all of you.
Once again, sorry and I'll be so much better next time.

Dec 17, 2014 at 09:50 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 610 vs 750

If you don't buy something soon they'll really go nuts!!

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 610 vs 750

runakid wrote:
I want to apologize for my very poor posts. It won't happen again. I do want to thank you guys and gals for all the help you have been in the past and, if you will allow me, in the future. This site has been such a wonderful help to me in so many ways. I don't want to ever do anything to hurt my chances in the future for help in my future post. FM is such a wonderful tool and such a wonderful place to learn from all of you.
Once again, sorry and I'll be so much
...Show more

Runakid. . .

In hindsight I can see I should not have said anything. You are out to gain information and knowledge about which Nikon body might be best for you. Who am I to judge or interfere with how you go about that?

I think I am the one who owes you an apology. So . . . please forgive me.

Thanks,

Grant

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:54 AM
MitchSC
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 610 vs 750

MitchSC wrote:
Compare specs here:
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/dslr-cameras/index.page

I really didn't mean any harm with this post. Although I may have been short. For me any major purchase is a process.
Deciding what I need /want.
Compare specs.
Balance needs/wants - specs - cost.
Than get others opinions if needed.

Google is your friend. If you type any one of your post titles in the Google search bar you will get a world of info. You just have to be able to weed through the BS and this forum is the best source I have found pertaining to Nikon equipment for that.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Pack12

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 610 vs 750

Like people have said, the best way for people to give you a better idea of what camera you should get is to give us a little more information about what you like to shoot. Would you use the camera more for landscapes, fast action sports, studio work etc. Each camera will have it's strengths and weaknesses, you just have to help us point you in the right direction. Even if it's going to just be a general purpose camera, let us know, more information can only help.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 610 vs 750

Another site to try is Snapsort.com It'll let you glance at camera specs pretty quickly and get a GENERAL IDEA (note: GENERAL) of where the cameras stand and what features may be immediately different.

Another resource is DPReview.com. Look up their camera reviews or previews, and they'll generally go into more detail on what exactly is missing, or not, in a camera.

Don't take either source as the gospel, especially when the metric is an opinion, but they're good to sort out the facts.

If you're seriously in the market, make yourself a spreadsheet and start plugging in stats yourself. Go really in-depth (max shutter speed, custom menu count, etc. etc. etc.).

Finally, if you can't handle them personally, take really good, long looks at the camera bodies at various websites to get a feel for how the controls would work. It's nowhere near as good as actually handling it, but sometimes that's all you've got to go on!

Dec 17, 2014 at 02:29 PM
shymon
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 610 vs 750

This is worth reading: http://www.dslrbodies.com/cameras/current-nikon-dslr-reviews/nikon-d750-review.html

FWIW, I have the Df (which I love) but the one thing I really wish it had was the flippy screen. Very, very helpful for taking photos low or high angles, which I think is really important (I try to avoid taking too many photos from eye level). If I was looking at 610 vs 750, that would be a major factor.

Dec 17, 2014 at 03:04 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 610 vs 750

The D750 has the latest and possibly greatest autofocus system which may be better for sports photography and the like. Otherwise the $1500 D610 new from a retailer is a much better value.

The D750 also has 1080p 60 fps video but that limits you to 10 minute clips so it has its limitations.

The tilt screen not only tilts on the D750 but it displays camera settings at a very large font which is very helpful in low lighting or when shooting with the camera mounted on a tripod.

Image quality is certainly not any better with the D750 and I am finding it is not as good as what I get with my $900 D7100 with my telephoto lenses - go figure.

Usually when Nikon does a very large price drop as it has done with the D610 it means that they want to clear the inventory in the sales channel to make way for a new model. Good chance that a D620 will be announced in the next month or two.

Dec 17, 2014 at 08:42 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.