Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon 1ds III users please tell me how many photos in a row your 1ds III...

petr vokurek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 1ds III users please tell me how many photos in a row your 1ds III can do

I have recently replaced my back-up/ second body -5d- with 1ds III. Overal, Iīm very happy with the upgrade- itīs probably better in every area. One thing surprised me, though...The buffer seems to be extremely small. When using
a Lexar Proffessional 800x UDMA 7 CF card I can only take two raw frames and then it stops for a second, then it takes one frame, stops, takes another one...With my 5d III I can take 16 raw files before it stops! I didnīt expect the 1ds III to be a speed demon and donīt need it to be but this even limits me when shooting people in the studio. My question is- is this normal? What cards do you use with this camera and how many raw pictures can you take before it stops? Thanks!

Dec 16, 2014 at 06:52 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 1ds III users please tell me how many photos in a row your 1ds III can do

IIRC about 13 frames with RAW only. You may have some NR mode, original decision, or something else funky set. I suggest clearing all the custom functions.

EBH

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:10 AM
petr vokurek
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 1ds III users please tell me how many photos in a row your 1ds III can do

Wow, that was easy:-) Thank you soo much! There was some NR turned on in custom functions- altough I thought I had turned it off. But there are more kinds- long expo, high iso...Anyway, I turned them all off and its dramatically better. I can now take about 14 raw files no problem. Thanks!

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:48 AM
Paul Tessier
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 1ds III users please tell me how many photos in a row your 1ds III can do

The 1DsIII is still an amazing imaging tool by today's standards but the buffer depth and clearing speed is where it starts to show chinks in it's armor.

Dec 16, 2014 at 09:13 AM
petr vokurek
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 1ds III users please tell me how many photos in a row your 1ds III can do

Itīs all right now after Iīve switched off the NRs. The only thing that bothers me compared to 5dIII is the screen. On 5d III you can actually see the sharpness and the colours...on 1ds III you just believe they are there But I got it much cheaper then another 5d III and I really like the 1d feel of it. I thought I would keep my old 5d forever but the focusing just sucks...The 1ds III is very good in this respect but...the 5d III is better here, too:-) Anyway, thanks to this forum I have a camera that works for my needs and thatīs all I need. Btw, a friend of mine, who has used a 1ds III for some 3 years switched off all NR after I told him and canīt believe what a fast camera heīs had all the time Thank you all guys!

Dec 16, 2014 at 01:20 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.