New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

lesaus
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

I'm looking for a very light tripod/head combo for casual hiking, travelling. This will be attatched to a Lowepro 150 AW sling pack containing a Canon SL1 with 3 lenses and accessories. I want to end up with a package that I will not hesitate to take for those times when my other gear is...well, too heavy (50D, 7D, 5DIII).

I found this combo, which appears to meet my criteria (very light, A/S head, carbon fiber). While not the sturdiest, it comes in under 2 lbs., so, my total package will not exceed 8 lbs.

I have read the reviews on B&H, but, want to get the opinions of others who have, or have used, this head-tripod combo. I do not expect the sturdiness of my Gitzo 1228 with Kirk head - just something to meet my expectations of a very light setup to grab and go.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Ed

Dec 15, 2014 at 03:25 PM
ReyGay
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

I own one and I place it on my Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L backpack...great tripod. Using carbon fibre and at 700g, it can take a max of 6Kg, good enough for my D3X and 300mm f/4 for hiking or trail stuff. The C-10X head, very impressed with that wee head. ...locks very well and butter smooth and the plate is kinda like Arca style...

My Flickr Gallery
My interesting photos on Flickriver
my Deviantart gallery

Dec 16, 2014 at 03:07 AM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

Thanks, ReyGay - that's the kind of input I was looking for. Will probably order one soon.

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM
taemo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

I have one and I love it, I don't use the center column but makes a nice beating stick so I carry it around with me.
don't except being to shoot at eye level though as this is tiny but very light.

I've used mine on a hike and long exposure shots and didn't feel the weight alone.

Definitely my travel tripod now

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Crispyeaterson

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

I own this tripod as well -- for its size, weight, and price it is hard to beat. It can fit inside my backpack (being only slightly longer than a speedlight) or across the top of my Thinktank shoulder bag no problem.

Only complaint is that it is quite short and if you do use the center column, then it really isn't very stable at max height and is definitely precarious if you are using a long lens. You can spread the legs out for more stability, but then you might as well not use the center column.

I'd recommend it you need a tripod in a pinch while traveling or hiking. At ~$240 it is a bargain compared to some of the other comparable CF travel tripods from Feisol/Manfrotto/Mefoto etc.

Dec 16, 2014 at 01:23 PM
ontime
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

The T-025X is very well made, small and light. Note that it is extremely small... maybe smaller than you think it is. I purchased the tripod but decided to return it and go with the MeFoto RoadTrip Carbon instead. I felt the T-025X was too compromising.

Details here:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1332792

Dec 16, 2014 at 08:28 PM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

Thanks for all the replies. I decided to order the Sirui due to its size and weight. The MeFoto Roadtrip would be too heavy, although the Backpacker is a consideration if the Sirui doesn't work out for me.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM
m.sommers00
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10X Ball Head

Sirui 1205x with Markins Q3T. Wish I did it years ago

Dec 19, 2014 at 06:45 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.