Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Weird "stain" on sensor...Purosol vs Visible Dust?

wsalopek
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Weird "stain" on sensor...Purosol vs Visible Dust?

My Nex-6 has some sort of stain on the sensor. I wiped with a Visible Dust green swab and "vdust plus" solution. The sensor got nice and clean, but the "stain" remained in full force...doesn't seem like the vdust plus affected it at all.

Also, the "stain" doesn't smear at all when I pass over it (leading me to believe vdust "smear away" will not be effective)...almost seems the "stain" is something sort of solid...but I do NOT feel (via the swab) any texture to the "stain"...in other words it doesn't feel like it's raised above the surface of the sensor.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has tried Purosol...seems to get good reviews, or if you have another suggestion...and of course I may run down to my local camera shop.

Thanks...

Dec 15, 2014 at 01:50 PM
wsalopek
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Weird "stain" on sensor...Purosol vs Visible Dust?

Alright...well, I actually had some Purosol...duh...anyway, it dissolved the "stain" IMMEDIATELY.

Worked like a charm.

Dec 15, 2014 at 02:55 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Weird "stain" on sensor...Purosol vs Visible Dust?

I once sneezed on a sensor. It looked sort of like that, but more and not dried up when I cleaned it, many times...

I haven't used Purosol. Good to know. I would have tried ROR (Residual Oil Remover) after VivibleDust Sensor Clean solution, but I have no idea if it would have worked on your stain.

Dec 15, 2014 at 04:10 PM
wsalopek
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Weird "stain" on sensor...Purosol vs Visible Dust?

JC,

Sneezed...yes, it does look like that...but it wasn't in this case.

Anyway, who knows...any number of cleaners may have worked, but very happy with the Purasol.

--

Bill

Dec 15, 2014 at 04:16 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.