Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Help point me in the right direction? Incompatible systems!

kaitlyn2004
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help point me in the right direction? Incompatible systems!

I started off with a 580EX II
Then I got the RF-602 set
Then I got a YN-565EX
Then I got the 622c+622c-TX system

Thing is, I feel like I'd be better off with the 560+560-TX system. Of course, the 560 setup didn't exist throughout my entire gear acquisition, and the TX came out after the 622c system. didn't it?

The 622C system certainly seems more versatile, but as long as you have 560's (which are cheaper, too!) then the 560+560-TX setup seems rather ideal.

Of course it's full manual but I've also realized I shoot manual power 99% of the time. They do, however, lack HSS which would be useful.

I've also been highly recommended other things like the Godox Wistro AD360. If I were to add that in to my system - and had any hope of remotely controlling it - that would be ANOTHER "trigger" to use to adjust the power output. Do you guys all stick to one "system" and makedo, or just combine them and deal with the extra controllers, etc.?

Really not sure if I should continue down the 622c route or head elsewhere...

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM
jjlad

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help point me in the right direction? Incompatible systems!

I got the 602's and they are ok although I don't like the wake up feature and really ..having them dedicated to the camera like that only limits their use. About a year ago I got some of these: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/270947570047?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
They work with everything. Any camera (I have Nikon, Fuji and Canon) I have a bunch of Vivitar 285's, Nissin Di866 Mk 2, 2 old Minoltas, some other old Vivitars plus studio strobes and those triggers work on everything from any of my cameras. Thy mount on hotshoes, coldshoes, tripods , umbrella shafts ...anything, The umbrella holders on them allow me to slide 2 flashes onto one umbrella shaft without expensive attachments that take up space and move the flashes too far off center. I figured these would be fragile and broken by now but they turned out to be really robust and other than getting one DOA which was immediately replaced, they have been just fine. When I need more flashes I put them on my 602's and piggyback the trigger for the above receivers in the hotshoe of the 602 trigger I'm then using on the camera. It works fine on the pass through. Couldn't be happier with the performance of these cheap little lovelies.

Dec 14, 2014 at 09:52 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.