New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Austian doorway

mxwizard1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Austian doorway

I promise this will be the last one. Europe just has too many cool, old doors to shot. One single frame HDR ( ish ) one B&W.

Dec 12, 2014 at 02:25 AM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Austian doorway

I like old doors!
Color toning of the color door looks great. The dark vignette in the upper part seems out of the place though. Looks more like a cloud than a wall.

Dec 12, 2014 at 09:44 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Austian doorway

Pretty door!

Off the bat I am seeing (or at least I THINK I'm seeing) a slight tilt favoring the right-hand side.

I like both versions, but I an leaning towards the color because of that great range of browns and oranges.

You may want to burn the knocker just a bit and add some vignetting at least around the top because as-shot it kinda feels like the door is just standing on its own (the stone behind it looks totally cloud-like).

Cheers,

Jeff

Dec 12, 2014 at 09:49 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Austian doorway

FarmerJohn wrote:
I like old doors!
Color toning of the color door looks great. The dark vignette in the upper part seems out of the place though. Looks more like a cloud than a wall.

You know, it never occurred to me that the cloudy look could have been FROM the vignette.

Dec 12, 2014 at 09:52 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Austian doorway

+1 @ color
+1 @ skew/tilt
+1 @ cloud-like

Still, nice find rendering @ not overdone HDR-ish. I might pull back on the saturation some to de-gloss it bit for possibly more of an old world vibe. Also, a bit of warming to take some of the blue out of it (a bit less cloud-like). Could have gone more/less with each @ S&P to taste.

I squared it up a bit (not shown) but didn't like the crop-loss incurred. If you've got more image to work with, you might tweak on the perspective some, then crop to suit.

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:20 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Austian doorway

I like the first one, and its a good HDR job.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Austian doorway

Good HDR and I prefer the color
I think you have some halting artifacts along the tops of the stones above the door

Scott

Dec 12, 2014 at 07:58 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Austian doorway

It's a-door-able! (Sorry.) Both color and monochrome have their appeals. The color is rich and the black and white simplifies to make the shapes and contours quite appealing. The stonework is an interesting contrast to the organic beauty of the wood. Not sure whether it brings enough to the table to share the goodness. An alternative to consider:

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:25 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.