Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

rjbenson83

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

Andrew J wrote:
My friend was getting a wide lens and sees UPS drive right past his house. Goes online and says delivered. He calls UPS and raises hell. They pull the driver over and he swears he delivered it but they find the lens hidden in his lunch box.

Are you serious? The driver tried to steal it, thats sad man.
---------------------------------------------

Lilki wrote:
I'm a carrier for the post office and this has gotten to be a real problem over the past few years during the holiday season. Definitely, there are thieves who drive around following the trucks. A lot of the Amazon parcels instruct us to leave if no response, though obviously we have to use some discretion. I won't do it anymore during the X-Mas season, which is a pain for all involved, but I caught someone following me last year. When I confronted him he gave me a bullshit excuse, but he got arrested anyway.

I'm glad you recognized it and did something about it. These UPS drivers just want to make the delivery, and UPS wants people to pay an extra $5 to deliver to the UPS store. They probably should make an exception during the holidays.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

Or, have it delivered to your work.

Peace,

Todd

Dec 18, 2014 at 01:20 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

Todd Warnke wrote:
Or, have it delivered to your work.

Peace,

Todd

It depends on whether one has that option. It's not allowed at some facilities, such as where I am stationed.

EBH

Dec 18, 2014 at 01:49 AM
44lefty
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

Thankfully, I've not had to deal with this situation. However, I have complained loudly (and to no avail) to UPS, et al, about leaving goods on a porch. The only advantage you have in this situation, is that the goods were not signed for. I now insist that the shipper specify that signature is required. I sleep better, and leave the house with less angst.

Larry

Dec 18, 2014 at 09:59 AM
44lefty
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

rjbenson83 wrote:
Are you serious? The driver tried to steal it, thats sad man.
---------------------------------------------

I'm glad you recognized it and did something about it. These UPS drivers just want to make the delivery, and UPS wants people to pay an extra $5 to deliver to the UPS store. They probably should make an exception during the holidays.

*******************************************************************************************************

UPS overbooks the number of stops their drivers have to make each day, and they really don't care whether that number is fifty or 300.

Larry

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
unclemikey
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

rjbenson83 wrote:
This just happened to me for the first time. Ordered a Kupo boom and 2 Profoto strip boxes, not sure what use this will serve to the thief.

I canvased my entire neighborhood hoping to see that they've ditched the ill gotten and useless goods, but no luck.

I ship with UPS every day. You might try this. When a package is delivered and not signed for it is called a "Driver Release". That package is automatically insured for $100 by the shipper with no charge to the shipper. Call in to your local station and let them know the package was not received. It may take awhile but you might at least be able to recover $100 for the package.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Lilki
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

*******************************************************************************************************

UPS overbooks the number of stops their drivers have to make each day, and they really don't care whether that number is fifty or 300.

Larry

I agree with this 100%. Both UPS and USPS are overloaded and expected to absorb the overtime. That's why you sometimes see people running.

Dec 18, 2014 at 02:06 PM
rjbenson83

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

unclemikey wrote:
I ship with UPS every day. You might try this. When a package is delivered and not signed for it is called a "Driver Release". That package is automatically insured for $100 by the shipper with no charge to the shipper. Call in to your local station and let them know the package was not received. It may take awhile but you might at least be able to recover $100 for the package.

So I'd be out $400 instead of $500? I hope B&H ships all of their packages with insurance given the high cost of the items and the likelihood of this happening during the holidays. It's an epidemic at this point.

Dec 19, 2014 at 05:07 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

I just wish UPS would show up. I know they are busy, but why claim a delivery time and then hours later there is still no package? The package sat around an extra day, too, for no apparent reason.

EBH

Dec 19, 2014 at 05:13 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

I tried having packages shipped to the leasing office, but with UPS that usually guarantees I won't get the package. On a good day UPS shows up at 5:30. This time of year they show up as late as 8:30.

Post office is far better. If the carrier doesn't get an answer he will leave it at the office if it won't fit in the mailbox. (locked)

Dec 19, 2014 at 05:28 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

When we lived in a city it happened more than once. On the farm now it doesn't happen - having dogs makes a big difference as well.

Biggest problem here is stuff left out in 20-30 below zero weather. Digital inks don't like being frozen too well with some printers.

Dec 21, 2014 at 08:04 AM
UCSB
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Anyone ever have a package stolen off of their porch after a UPS delivery?

No problems here ... and I get 100+ deliveries each year. But, I can see how this would be a real problem for many.

Dec 22, 2014 at 08:49 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.