FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Hrafnseyri

Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hrafnseyri

The historic farm on Arnarfjörður in the Westfjords area of Iceland. More in my blog post.

Hrafnseyri

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:43 AM
roguecoolman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hrafnseyri

Rajan,

Again, I like how you always put the buildings with a great attention to scale to the natural backdrops. Man, I wish I could spend a year in iceland :P

I've always wanted to ask, a lot of the buildings you shoot in iceland are always so kept well in terms of exterior paint. Do they just paint their buildings ever year? because it doesn't seem to have any wear and tear at all.

Jason

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hrafnseyri

roguecoolman wrote:
Rajan,

Again, I like how you always put the buildings with a great attention to scale to the natural backdrops. Man, I wish I could spend a year in iceland :P

I've always wanted to ask, a lot of the buildings you shoot in iceland are always so kept well in terms of exterior paint. Do they just paint their buildings ever year? because it doesn't seem to have any wear and tear at all.

Jason

Jason,

Thank you for your comments.

This particular church is especially well maintained since it is a national heritage site. You observed correctly that by and large the structures in Iceland are looked after and keep well in the clean Icelandic air. You do find the occasional decrepit house especially in the more remote areas and they make for fine photographs.

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hrafnseyri

gah these icelandic stuctures are a perfect compilment to the stark landscape. well done

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hrafnseyri

It's a perfect picture of picture-perfect building

Sasha.

Dec 16, 2014 at 01:40 AM
cherubino
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hrafnseyri

Very nice! I am a sucker for country churches.
Thanks for sharing.

Dec 16, 2014 at 06:04 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hrafnseyri

Thank you, all.

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:14 AM
lookoutscout
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hrafnseyri

These are very nice. Thank-you for sharing. I am curious about the three buildings in the back. It appears the roofs are grass. Correct? Then, are there bushes growing between them or something else. I know this is kind of random, but those buildings caught my eye. Thanks.
Dave

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:19 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hrafnseyri

Just beautiful..!!!

I will be in the Faroe Islands in three weeks, I can wait to see this kind of scapes.

Marcelo

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:27 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Hrafnseyri

Picture postcard. sweet.
Harsha

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:43 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Hrafnseyri

Dave, Marcelo, Harsha - thank you.

lookoutscout wrote:
These are very nice. Thank-you for sharing. I am curious about the three buildings in the back. It appears the roofs are grass. Correct? Then, are there bushes growing between them or something else. I know this is kind of random, but those buildings caught my eye. Thanks.
Dave

Dave, those three are ersatz reconstruction of turf houses which were the traditional dwellings of the Icelanders until the modern era. It was a harsh life in those days.

---------------------------------------------

Lightsearcher wrote:
Just beautiful..!!!

I will be in the Faroe Islands in three weeks, I can wait to see this kind of scapes.

Marcelo

Marcelo, enjoy your time in the beautiful Faroe Islands.

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.