Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

My poor old LP-E4's are getting old and I know I could shell out for OEM LP-E4N's for my 1ds3 but I know it's not fully compatible and my LC-E4 charger will only charge them up to about 90% (even if they say 100%, not great for the batteries).

So does anyone know of a good quality non-OEM LP-E4 battery? Are the Duracells any good? or the Energisers?

I'd rather not pay for the Canon if I can avoid it as I have to buy several and they are hideously expensive over here (plus the above slight charging inconsistency)

TIA

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM
wtlloyd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

Wasabi Power for my 6D have been excellent. Works and lasts as long as the Canon OEM in my experience.
I won't hesitate to get a Wasabi Power replacement for my 1D4 when needed. $60 on Amazon.

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

wtlloyd wrote:
Wasabi Power for my 6D have been excellent. Works and lasts as long as the Canon OEM in my experience.
I won't hesitate to get a Wasabi Power replacement for my 1D4 when needed. $60 on Amazon.

The 6D uses LP-E6, not the LP-E4 that's used for Mk III and newer 1D-series bodies.

David, I can't help you. I'm sticking with original Canon LP-E4 batteries, although I have a clone charger that I use for travel.

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

jcolwell wrote:
The 6D uses LP-E6, not the LP-E4 that's used for Mk III and newer 1D-series bodies.

David, I can't help you. I'm sticking with original Canon LP-E4 batteries, although I have a clone charger that I use for travel.

I remember your comments (I think) on using the OEM LP-E4N's in the original 1Ds3 charger (the LC-E4 I think). I assume you never had any long-term problems charging these in what was essentially the wrong charger?

It's not something I especially want to do, but I don't really have much choice

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

wtlloyd wrote:

Thanks for that, Amazon won't ship those over here, sadly

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

My LP-E4N battery chrges fully on my 1d4's charger despite canon's claim of the contrary. If a wasabi oes the same thing then I'd be hard pressed to not buy one at those prices.

Dec 11, 2014 at 01:04 PM
wtlloyd
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

Ummm, yeah, that's correct.

So is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-EOS-1D-EOS-1Ds/dp/B001K26D8K/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1418324238&sr=1-3&keywords=lp-e4

jcolwell wrote:

Dec 11, 2014 at 01:58 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

wtlloyd wrote:
Ummm, yeah, that's correct.

So is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-EOS-1D-EOS-1Ds/dp/B001K26D8K/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1418324238&sr=1-3&keywords=lp-e4

They won't ship to the UK and I can't find Wasabi's over here

Dec 11, 2014 at 02:05 PM
bogeypro
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

I've had great success with Wasabi's and many have had similar success with Sterlingtek which I haven't tried, perhaps these batteries are available to you

Dec 11, 2014 at 02:21 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

bogeypro wrote:
I've had great success with Wasabi's and many have had similar success with Sterlingtek which I haven't tried, perhaps these batteries are available to you

No longer listed on the Sterlingtek website.

I think I may have to buy Canon ones.

Dec 11, 2014 at 02:25 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

dhphoto wrote:
I remember your comments (I think) on using the OEM LP-E4N's in the original 1Ds3 charger (the LC-E4 I think). I assume you never had any long-term problems charging these in what was essentially the wrong charger?

I've been mixing and matching four LP-E4 and two LP-E4N batteries across my LC-E4 and LC-E4N for over two years. They all get fully charged (regardless of mix) and they haven't shown any signs of losing capacity. Here's some of the relevant threads.

LP-E4 LP-E4N charging tests https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1285532/0#12256497
1Dx use 1DIV batts? https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1252275/0
1D Mark IV Battery Info https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1269307

The last new LP-E4N I bought from CPS Canada about two years ago cost me $150 CA.

Dec 11, 2014 at 02:45 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

Yes, checked those threads, think I will have to buy the proper LP-E4N's.

Still, at least they last well, better than the LP-E6's in my experience.

Shame I can't try the Wasabi's though

Dec 11, 2014 at 02:47 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

dhphoto wrote:
...Still, at least they last well, better than the LP-E6's in my experience.

Same here. I've "retired" more than a few LP-E6.

Dec 11, 2014 at 03:10 PM
wtlloyd
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

Mark your calendar! I'll be in Scotland in June - if you like, I'll bring a new one, mail it to you, and you can Paypal me the funds.

Lol, not very practical, but if you're still curious, drop me a PM in May, and I can do it!

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

Awesome - very generous.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Anyone know a GOOD LP-E4 battery clone?

wtlloyd wrote:
Mark your calendar! I'll be in Scotland in June - if you like, I'll bring a new one, mail it to you, and you can Paypal me the funds.

Lol, not very practical, but if you're still curious, drop me a PM in May, and I can do it!

Extremely kind offer, but I don't think I can last out until May. But I'm very grateful to you.

Dec 12, 2014 at 03:18 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.