princekiska

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica lenses

Hello guys
I have a questions
Which camera will take Leica lenses?
For example Summilux-M 35 f1.4
Thank you so much
Also will that bring the images to higher quality??
I have heard that Leica lenses are very sharp
I wanted to try it on different camera

Dec 10, 2014 at 07:25 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica lenses

princekiska wrote:
Hello guys
I have a questions
Which camera will take Leica lenses?

Lots, Leica M9 & M240 obviously, all E mount cameras, all Fuji X cameras, all micro 4/3 cameras, Ricoh GXR w/ M mount.... I think that covers most options, though there are a few more.

For example Summilux-M 35 f1.4
Thank you so much
Also will that bring the images to higher quality??

That's where things get a bit more complicated, some cameras have trouble or issues with the wider rangefinder lenses, it really depends on how picky you are.

I have heard that Leica lenses are very sharp
I wanted to try it on different camera

They do have some very sharp lenses.

Dec 10, 2014 at 09:24 PM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica lenses

I use a 35/3.5 summaron on m4/3 sometimes. I think you should be ok, I think where you run in to trouble is with an uwa on ff.

Thinking the A7 allows you to use these ff? Correct me if I'm wrong

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:26 PM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica lenses

This thread might have some good info

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1332512?b=2

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM
princekiska

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leica lenses

Thank you all

Dec 12, 2014 at 07:33 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leica lenses

Do note that all the cameras mentioned above, aside from Leica cameras themselves, will require a Leica M to whatever mount adapter. There are expensive ones and cheap ones. All do the same thing, though the expensive ones often (but not always) have better tolerances and more precise machining to have the mount plane exactly where it should be. Sometimes that matters, other times it doesn't matter much at all. It matters a lot more for wide angle lenses than it does for normal and telephoto lenses in my experience.

Dec 12, 2014 at 08:21 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leica lenses

Way too much doesn't make sense and this smells like troll bait to me... clueless about what camera M glass can be mounted on yet knows specifics of a $4500+ Lux model, yet then hears "Leica glass is very sharp" suggesting they don't own or haven't shot any.

Sorry if I'm wrong OP, but I see these type of post on a lot of forums....

Unless of course the OP simply came across this strange new product called "Leica" while browsing the internet, and said "hmmm, Leica.. I think I want to buy one of their most high end optics, heard it was sharp....someone tell me how to use it please".

That or the dead uncle leaves you his collection of "old junk" lenses and you need to know if that 50 Nocti is maybe worth anything or if its not worth the hassle of selling and you should just donate it to Goodwill... That one always brings out tons of people tripping over themselves offering it take it off someones hands for "fair" price only to turn out to be someone playing a bit of a prank (pretty good one too)

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.