New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Vienna Subrise.

mxwizard1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vienna Subrise.

Hello all...I'm not sure where to go here so I'm asking for help. The first is the original file. The second I did a recompose in PSE to shorten the distance between the 2 shorelines. Some work in Lightroom, but not sure how to proceed from here...Been watching a few YouTube videos but not feeling it...Suggestions?? I'm still not comfortable playing in PSE with layers/masks and the such..

Dec 10, 2014 at 03:04 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vienna Subrise.

Actually the first is not bad, but the second is a stronger image. This appears to be a crop. But it is also brighter in shadow areas. What is it you are unhappy with?

Dec 10, 2014 at 03:50 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vienna Subrise.

Was it important to lose the bridge? If not, there are advantages in a division that's irregular and placed where not much is visually important. Whether you can do that in PSE, I don't know.

Dec 10, 2014 at 04:29 PM
mxwizard1
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Vienna Subrise.

Not only do I have to take the shot, I have to design the final image. A task and process that is new to me. So to answer both questions....I don't know ? I do like the image, and certain elements within the image, but weather to remove something or what to adjust to make a better image ( visually) Is the creative part that I'm struggling with. I think that I'm getting a little better since I've been here, and everyone has been an inspiration with kind pointers...

Karen. I can compress (recompose) the image in PSE, but have to take some time to not have it look like someone spilled water on the photography, and it curled up on itself. That may not be the look visually I'm after either. Maybe I'm thinking too much ?? lol.

So that's were I'm at...I enjoy all you remarks and hope to get more of them.....As I was told once......I can take what I liked, and leave the rest...

Dec 10, 2014 at 06:27 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Vienna Subrise.

BTW, where's the sub?

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:31 AM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Vienna Subrise.

mx... nice images and nice color

Wondering why you feel the need to 'bring the shorelines closer together' - why not do a pano crop with your original image? I think the pano crop works well for this image.

Karen - it clearly has a cloaking device

Dec 11, 2014 at 01:08 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Vienna Subrise.

"The second I did a recompose in PSE to shorten the distance between the 2 shorelines."

I believe I did/do not understand that in the sense you intended.

Dec 11, 2014 at 02:36 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.