New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 7D Mark II (new)

Tom Spader
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 7D Mark II (new)

Apologies if this has be addressed. I have heard the newer 7D Mark II has an increased frame rate or motor drive to us old schoolers. I have also heard there is a "follow focus" for video. These were to two things I had issue with in the past. Anyone using the newest version for daily grind sports jobs and video projects? I work for a newspaper and money is tight as the industry dies, and I am pitching this as they will def not go for the X etc. But wanted a little feedback first. Thanks in advance

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM
riokid
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7D Mark II (new)

SEARCH is your friend

Just browse through the topics from the last month or enter '7D II" in the message search on the top right and you will see a lot of previous topics.

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:52 AM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7D Mark II (new)

Yes, to both, but an easy look at anything concerning the 7d2 would have answered these questions. It shoots at 10 fps on high and it has the split pixel focusing that the 70d has so it is quiet good at focusing in "live view". Manual focus in video is better for professional results though-no noise of focusing motor. You should look at the marketing material from Canon before bringing it up to your newspaper to see if it's a good product for you.

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM
AmbientMike
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7D Mark II (new)

Marketing material will give you basic specs, but I think the op wants actual experience, as opposed to marketing stuff, which might be designed more to sell cameras

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.