Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Any plugins for closed eyes?

Depth of Feel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any plugins for closed eyes?

I've seen microsoft and google having magic stuff that automates combining two photos to get a combined shot with eyes open. I'm not that great at doing fine detail like that in PS and would love a plug in for LR or PS that did it for me. Does one exist?

Thanks.

Dec 08, 2014 at 07:10 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any plugins for closed eyes?

I don't know of one that automates that but it's so easy in PS really. I usually just use magic wand and replace the head of the offending eye-closer. Open both photos in PS, magic wand on the good head, select + or - wand at the top to fine tune selection, ctrl-C to copy, go to other photo, ctrl-V to paste, hold shift while dragging corner to adjust size perfectly. Bring down opacity to get it lined up perfectly. That's usually all that's required.

Or if the two photos are near perfectly lined up its even easier. Paste the entire good photo over the photo with the eyes open, make the top layer a mask by clicking the mask button at the bottom of the layers box, paint black over the eyes-closed face with the paint brush. Switch to white to paint anything back in. Done.

Dec 08, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any plugins for closed eyes?

I honestly didn't know magic wand works that way. I always thought it was a not quite perfect selection tool.

Dec 08, 2014 at 11:17 PM
mirrorrim
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any plugins for closed eyes?

I do what Dig says, except I only copy the eyes and not the whole head. Use the marquee tool, make one rectangular selection around the eyes, and copy and paste over the closed eyes in the good photo. Add a layer mask and erase the edges of the pasted image, and done. Takes about 30 seconds or less.

Dec 08, 2014 at 11:31 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any plugins for closed eyes?

Depth of Feel wrote:
I honestly didn't know magic wand works that way. I always thought it was a not quite perfect selection tool.

It is a selection tool and if you use the + and - buttons after you select the initial area it gets a lot more precise. The only time it becomes hard to work with is if the background is similar in color to the selection.

brad

Dec 09, 2014 at 12:33 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.