New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · candlelight

Jeff Kott
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · candlelight

http://jkott.zenfolio.com/img/s12/v174/p850753363-5.jpg

I can't believe I forgot to move the bowl.

Dec 08, 2014 at 04:49 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · candlelight

Great shot! (Believe it - I see the evidence with my own eyes!)

Dec 08, 2014 at 05:30 PM
c. eless

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · candlelight

I agree, great shot.

If this is more or less a grab shot, with minimal set up, you caught a great expression so you get a pass on the bowl. Kids this age can lose interest very quickly. I think it looks great as is.
However, if you spent more than a couple of minutes setting this up then yes the bowl, the glass and the books should be gone.

Dec 08, 2014 at 06:28 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · candlelight

c. eless wrote:
I agree, great shot.

If this is more or less a grab shot, with minimal set up, you caught a great expression so you get a pass on the bowl. Kids this age can lose interest very quickly. I think it looks great as is.
However, if you spent more than a couple of minutes setting this up then yes the bowl, the glass and the books should be gone.

Thanks for the kind words. No set up time - I saw the look on her face when we lit the candles and grabbed the camera.

I did have about 20 seconds to fire off a few shots. I learned somewhere along the way to always look at the edges of the frame to see if there are any distractions, but I was so focused on her expression and getting the eyes in focus with my manual focus lens that I wasn't even aware of the bowl. This is just a reminder to me of how many things you have to think of quickly to frame and take a great quick shot and is incentive for me to keep practicing.

Dec 08, 2014 at 06:38 PM
scleister
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · candlelight

Despite the semi-distracting bowl, this is wonderful! Captures the joy, the magic, the wonder so beautifully.

-Colin

Dec 08, 2014 at 10:50 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.