New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Seattle and Olympic NP

runakid
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seattle and Olympic NP

Heading to Vancouver in February to do owls,etc and want to spend some time before or after in the Seattle and Olympic regions. Ideas on where to go in the city and what should I expect weather wise in the park. I have been to the park in the summer but not in February.

Dec 08, 2014 at 03:52 PM
bedhead

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seattle and Olympic NP

if you've got time for Seattle AND the Olympics, then good on you. as it get's closer to time, drop a line again. happy to wander around... Urban Seattle shootings these days is a lot about the reflected light that is changing block by block.. quickly! and for night shooting, write back here and I'll help you give you safety in feeling numbers.

Now the Olympics in Feb, eh? Hurricane Ridge snowshoe. Tripod. Rime ice formations off the Pacific at 4500ft. Get a room in Pt. WTF and don't bother with National park camping... There is a good chance that Hurricane ridge will see more temperature inversion (fog below) days, again, this year...

Otherwise the Kalaloch beaches will be wet and blowy but just a bit more bear free than the interior.

Regarding owls, i've been dove-upon twice, so i might actually smell like a rat.

Dec 15, 2014 at 06:39 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seattle and Olympic NP

There is a lot to photograph up there. I love shooting street photography in Seattle — it has a particular character. If you are looking for the classic shots, you can probably figure them out online. I love photographing birds in the Skagit Valley north of Seattle this time of year.

Dan

Dec 15, 2014 at 09:50 PM
araz
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seattle and Olympic NP

I've been to west side of ONP in December and it was very quiet (not many tourists). I hiked the Hoh Rainforest all by myself not another person around, no cars in the paring lot. You can expect some road closures if it snows, happened at Sol Duc...

Check out my ebook on How To Photograph Olympic National Park. It wrote it for the first time visitor...

Take care,

Araz

Jan 17, 2015 at 06:31 AM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Seattle and Olympic NP

Thanks to all. Heading your way about 1/28 or 29. Not sure about when I will get to the ONP area/Seattle due to weather. I am driving from TN. I'll check out the book and see if I have time for shooting in Seattle. Looks like a wonderful place to live.

Jan 17, 2015 at 08:19 AM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Seattle and Olympic NP

Your ebook was and is fantastic. Heading in that direction and will use it daily while I am there and am using it now to plan. Thanks for publishing it.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM
araz
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Seattle and Olympic NP

runakid wrote:
Your ebook was and is fantastic. Heading in that direction and will use it daily while I am there and am using it now to plan. Thanks for publishing it.

Thanks for the glowing review, I appreciate it

Take care,

Araz

Jan 21, 2015 at 09:34 AM
JohnKS
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Seattle and Olympic NP

If your looking to take pictures of downtown Seattle take a drive to Kerry Park, just north of the Space Needle area. You will see many shots of downtown taken from this area at night. I spent a couple hours at this park while I was there this summer. Took some nights shots of the city and some at sundown that included Mt. Rainier in the background. If the weather is decent I'm pretty sure you will not be the only photographer at this location.

Have fun and you have some very nice photo's on your website.

John

Jan 22, 2015 at 09:51 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Seattle and Olympic NP

ThanksI'll br there early in February.

Jan 23, 2015 at 04:56 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Seattle and Olympic NP

Thanks

I'll be there early in February.

Jan 23, 2015 at 04:56 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Seattle and Olympic NP

Used your book to get lodging at Forks. Thanks again. The internet sites would have had me staying hours away. Best $ I have spent in a while.

dan

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:18 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Seattle and Olympic NP

Anyone been to the park recently? I should be there this Saturday or Sunday. Just need some place to go besides the beaches. By the way, are the beaches only PM places or should I plan on getting there at sunrise? Trying to maximize my time. Trying to fit in the park and Seattle and/or Vancouver before next Wednesday.

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:25 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.