Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

Just thinking of some ways I could put some programmable buttons on my keyboard to use in order to save time in LR. What are some time-saving macros that you guys use (aside from buying VSCO keys!)?

Is there a way to record a macro that will always apply a specific preset to a photo? Say I made a preset called "studio lighting basics" or something that I always wanted to apply as a starting point for studio-lit shots - is there a way I could record the application of such as a macro? I'm thinking no but maybe there's a way<?>

brad

Dec 08, 2014 at 01:15 AM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

I'm a little confused. Maybe I'm not understanding. You can setup your own preset and have LR automatically apply that preset to each image you import.

Dec 08, 2014 at 02:39 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

Ok, maybe a studio shoot was a bad example and I don't always want to apply the same preset to all photos on import but anyway.. The question still stands... Any ideas for time saving macros that I could record to a key?

Dec 08, 2014 at 08:24 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

If you're on a pic you can use a program called paddy

Dec 08, 2014 at 09:15 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

On my mac I am using http://www.pusherlabs.com/ and its awesome. You can use just about any midi controller. This has saved me so much time in LR. Its amazing!
I also have my own created presets that I use too.

Dec 08, 2014 at 10:25 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

I've heard of Paddy. Maybe I'll try it out.

My basic question here is what are some macro shortcuts that save you the most time or that create the most convenience for you?

Dec 08, 2014 at 01:54 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Macro keys in Lightroom?

Just find out what you do as a default on 99% of your images. This should be 90% of what's in your basic and curves panel. Make a preset for that. Then, design a preset for the different light situations. (sun, shade, tungsten, etc.) This will be mainly any color adjustments, calibration presets and WB. Adjust WB in chunks based on alike images shot in the same situation. That's about how simple you're going to get. This is how I do it. Once all that's done, THEN I go through each image and "tweak", straighten and crop. On average, I spend about a 30 seconds to a minute on delivered images maximum. Again, that's an average, and includes exporting, etc.. I very rarely have to stop and clone.

I did all the Paddy stuff for about a year, but ultimately found I was faster with presets, and without trying to handle each image individually through Paddy. Sure, I could go back to using Paddy for the "tweak" part, but it's just as fast to leave your mouse over the basic panel, adjust what you need and do the rest with your left hand on the keyboard.

Dec 08, 2014 at 02:40 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.