FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Montana Ice

quinnk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Montana Ice

Shot this with a EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM on loan from Canon CPS. Had a great time using it!

Montana at its best

Dec 06, 2014 at 04:11 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Montana Ice

#1 seems a bit busy, but I really like #2 a lot. I'd try to touch up the last little bit of green on the lower left. hard to get all the foliage out of the way.... guess a weed whacker would not be appropriate. lol

David

Dec 06, 2014 at 08:49 PM
ChrisKayler
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Montana Ice

I'm sure that lens was a ton of fun, but I think I'd like to see these shot a bit closer, perhaps @ 200mm or so, and excluding the superfluous OOF green foliage found around the edges. The smooth water contrasting the sharp and detailed rocks is nice to look at.

Dec 07, 2014 at 11:42 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Montana Ice

ChrisKayler wrote:
I'm sure that lens was a ton of fun, but I think I'd like to see these shot a bit closer, perhaps @ 200mm or so, and excluding the superfluous OOF green foliage found around the edges. The smooth water contrasting the sharp and detailed rocks is nice to look at.

I agree with Chris here. #1 is too busy, and the out of focus leaves around the edges of #2 and 3 really hurt what would otherwise be good shots.

Jim

Dec 09, 2014 at 05:08 AM
lionking
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Montana Ice

ChrisKayler wrote:

+1

Dec 09, 2014 at 07:46 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.