Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art is a decent 35mm full frame prime lens.

popinvasion
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art is a decent 35mm full frame prime lens.

This is just for those who might already own this lens or need it for an apsc body and are curious.

Compared to the regular 35 1.4 art, its not that much different, has the same sharpness and look. It has a tiny tiny bit more vignetting(fixable in post).

Its semi passible at 28mm, but really its best just putting it at 35mm and using it as a prime. I am using it on my GH4 but I would not hesitate to throw it on my 5DMK3 as well especially if I am trying to pack light.

Its a great lens. Just throwing that out there I know I googled it a long long time ago and found nothing too substantial. I'm too lazy to throw up some images but honestly it is hard to tell the two lenses apart at 35mm. The differences are not that drastic especially after a little post.

Dec 04, 2014 at 09:24 PM
super35
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art is a decent 35mm full frame prime lens.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Comparisons/Sigma-18-35mm-f-1.8-DC-HSM-Lens.aspx#FULLFRAME

Going by this even at 35mm, the vignetting looks pretty bad on the 5D Mark III, especially bad with the hood.

Dec 05, 2014 at 01:04 AM
sb in ak
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art is a decent 35mm full frame prime lens.

I wouldn't buy it for a full frame, but I guess if you have both crop and FF.

Dec 05, 2014 at 02:02 AM
popinvasion
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art is a decent 35mm full frame prime lens.

super35 wrote:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Comparisons/Sigma-18-35mm-f-1.8-DC-HSM-Lens.aspx#FULLFRAME

Going by this even at 35mm, the vignetting looks pretty bad on the 5D Mark III, especially bad with the hood.

I didn't try it with the hood.

Dec 05, 2014 at 06:44 AM
Pedro Claro
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art is a decent 35mm full frame prime lens.

super35 wrote:

It looks like the 28mm and 35mm images are swapped (35mm appears to have more vignetting than 28mm).

I agree with popinvasion and sb in ak : it seems very usable at 35mm and maybe, with some vignetting correction, also at 28mm, but only worth it if one has both APS-C and Full Frame cameras.

Dec 05, 2014 at 07:08 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.