FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Fabulous Fremont Peak, Wind River Range, Wyoming

lookoutscout
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fabulous Fremont Peak, Wind River Range, Wyoming

OK, this is my view from my front porch. This was taken with my 400mm. Yes, I am indeed blessed. I have really been focusing on my post processing and would like feedback on how I am doing. This is sunset light on Fremont Peak, which is the third highest mountain in Wyoming at about 13,750'. I'd welcome any and all comments and critiques. Thank-you very much!
Dave

© lookoutscout 2014

Fabulous Fremont Peak

Dec 04, 2014 at 10:39 AM
kvolk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fabulous Fremont Peak, Wind River Range, Wyoming

I envy your location as a place to live in the summer-- but the other ten months of the year can be kind of brutal. . One of my favorite images is of Fremont from Island Lake. I stood at the same spot three different evenings waiting for the right light.
Your image is beautiful but seems to have a slight green tint that bothers me a little. This is from my non-calibtated work computer.

Dec 04, 2014 at 11:37 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fabulous Fremont Peak, Wind River Range, Wyoming

Hey Dave,

Man, what a cool view to have from your front porch! I like the composition and lighting, but it does have a bit of a color cast to the shot as mentioned. Try to get the snow on the ground to be a more true white, and I think you will nail it.

Jim

Dec 04, 2014 at 03:48 PM
ChrisKayler
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fabulous Fremont Peak, Wind River Range, Wyoming

I agree with Jim and kvolk! Also, I might brighten the whitepoint just the tiniest bit. Maybe +4 or something.

Dec 05, 2014 at 10:53 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.