New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · [¡Solucionado!] Canon DPP doesn't see N.A.S

sirimiri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · [¡Solucionado!] Canon DPP doesn't see N.A.S

I am befuddled; Windows 7 sees my Synology volume, Lightroom sees it, Photoshop CS6 does, however for the life of me I cannot get any version of Canon's DPP to "see" the thing.

I was happily accessing files for years straight until suddenly I mistakenly "disconnected" the volume via the DPP browser and that was the end of it. Since then I haven't figured out a way to get the @$@ thing to re-appear. I've tried re-mapping the volume via Synology DSM and Windows (which isn't really necessary as I see it in all of the above mentioned programs or environments) yet with DPP I have been hoisted by my own petard.

Is there some secret setting to add volumes to the DPP browser that I've overlooked? Please tell me it's that easy! I'm stumped...

Thanks in advance.

Edited on Dec 02, 2014 at 04:08 AM · View previous versions

Dec 02, 2014 at 02:11 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · [¡Solucionado!] Canon DPP doesn't see N.A.S

Have you tried reinstalling DPP?

Dec 02, 2014 at 02:26 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · [¡Solucionado!] Canon DPP doesn't see N.A.S

Hi Paul, thanks for the input but I tried that too, alas to no avail.

Dec 02, 2014 at 02:58 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · [¡Solucionado!] Canon DPP doesn't see N.A.S

OK, I fixed the problem. By disabling then re-enabling Synology's Windows file services which allowed the volume to be shared, DPP is able to "see" my Z: drive (volume) again. Previous attempts at re-mapping my Z: volume for drive letter access weren't successful because for whatever reason, DPP or perhaps the OS clung to some files on Z: (Synology) or kept accessing it with services so the re-map was always unsuccessful. This had vexed me for over 24 hours...

Turning it off, the re-booting and re-enabling it seemed to have done the trick. Now if I could get rid of that pesky admin/password intercept that sometimes appears when accessing the Synology through Windows. It's supposed to automatically log on during startup. One thing at a time, I suppose.

Tech helps us in many ways, but it also sucks. Some days I feel like flying my Battlestar into the sun and starting a simple farming colony.

Dec 02, 2014 at 03:40 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · [¡Solucionado!] Canon DPP doesn't see N.A.S

Nice.

Dec 02, 2014 at 04:57 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.