Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.
Trade in your used camera and get 15% off on Sony A7, A7R, A7S cameras and FE lenses.
(Plus the trade-in value for your used gear)

Here is the the link for B&H Photo 15% Sony Trade-in program.

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:32 PM
curious80
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

I don't get the A7 price in the chart above. $1698-$400-$255, should be $1043, but it says $1243?

Nov 30, 2014 at 02:40 PM
eddieb
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

curious80 wrote:
I don't get the A7 price in the chart above. $1698-$400-$255, should be $1043, but it says $1243?

Digital math, maybe?

Nov 30, 2014 at 03:31 PM
bvphotos
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

Now, why can't they extend this deal to the A7 II?

Nov 30, 2014 at 03:55 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

bvphotos wrote:

Give it about a month after the A7 II's release

Nov 30, 2014 at 04:18 PM
samfowler
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

just wait - you do all of this and sell all your canon gear and then get the A7s and then they release the A7s II then you hit your head against a brick wall and say WTF!!

Nov 30, 2014 at 08:13 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

Has anyone done this to figure out how the numbers work out?

Let us know if you do this and actually get the numbers to work ...

ETA: See my post below, and Fred's a bit further down.

It looks like the best way to take advantage of this is ti trade in an older, low value camera just to get the 15% off. Especially a film camera that you don't use any more, or an older point and shoot.

Edited on Dec 01, 2014 at 06:47 PM · View previous versions

Dec 01, 2014 at 02:17 AM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

Darn..no 16-35mm on the discount/trade in list.

Dec 01, 2014 at 02:33 AM
mmurph
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

OK. It looks like I can trade in an old Elan 7E film camera or similar for a $50 credit and get the 15% off/ $1,295 price on the A7 kit with 28-70.

Cheers!

Edited on Dec 01, 2014 at 06:48 PM · View previous versions

Dec 01, 2014 at 02:52 AM
jonrock
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

mmurph wrote:

I was plugging some cameras into their quote system to test it. For an X-E1 with the 18-55 lens they would give you $300 to $350. The XE-1 body sells used for a bit under $300 itself, and the lens for a bit over. So you are taking a $300 hit on resale to trade it in ...

I think there's a massive reduction on the values they're offering for trade ins. I think it would make more sense if trading in a camera with relatively little value remaining in general.

Bubble wrote:
Darn..no 16-35mm on the discount/trade in list.

I think that's because it's still relatively new. I'm pretty sure it will be included in future trade in offers.

Dec 01, 2014 at 04:01 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

I just tried the 15% promo code to see how it works. It saved me $800.

I bought:
A7S for $2,123
FE 70-200 f/4 for $1,273
and Sony Vertical Grip for $98

I traded-in an old EOS Elan film camera and B&H Photo paid $40 bucks for it on top of the $800.
As soon as I gave them the tracking number for the EOS Elan to be traded, they emailed me the promo code. (They paid for the shipping as well)

My A7R got a sensitive sister.

Dec 01, 2014 at 06:34 PM
bvphotos
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

This is giving me a serious case of envy & GAS.

Dec 01, 2014 at 07:01 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

mmurph wrote:

Let us know if you do this and actually get the numbers to work ...

ETA: See my post below, and Fred's a bit further down.

It looks like the best way to take advantage of this is ti trade in an older, low value camera just to get the 15% off. Especially a film camera that you don't use any more, or an older point and shoot.

Point and Shoot too? I thought only old SLR or mirrorless.

Dec 20, 2014 at 03:07 PM
matanuska
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

bvphotos wrote:

It's BECAUSE OF the A7ii release that they are doing this.

---------------------------------------------

samfowler wrote:
just wait - you do all of this and sell all your canon gear and then get the A7s and then they release the A7s II then you hit your head against a brick wall and say WTF!!

I'm counting on it. Enough people are thinking that way that there are now good deals available on used A7r/s. Once the mkii's for those two cameras come out, they will be very expensive for a while anyway.

---------------------------------------------

mmurph wrote:

There's a limit to how old they will take. I have a couple of old 20D's but they won't even take them. 30D is the oldest on their list. But I have an old 40D and a bunch of old stuff that won't even sell here on the B/S. I've totaled it all up and figure I can get an FE 70-200 f/4.0 for about $150 out of pocket!

Dec 20, 2014 at 03:53 PM
1texasaggie
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

There's a limit to how old they will take.

Okay, now I'm confused. The ad clearly states, "Trade in any working SLR camera..."

My first attempt told me they would only allow $80 on an old Rebel XT 350D...not worth my time and might as well purchase somewhere else. I went back again to make sure it wasn't a mistake, and nothing happens when I click the "Begin Trade In" button on the Sony A7R promo page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Dec 20, 2014 at 09:37 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

I think that they offer 50% of the current used resale value (KEY, B&H, etc used price) for them to buy anything that is relatively recent.

Basically they are offering the same value as their regular "We buy used equipment" prices, plus that extra 15%. So unless you are really desperate it isn't going to be worthwhile.

They have a whole database of items that you can select from to see sample pricing.

+++

Sony Rumors says that the Sony A7 body is as low as $950 with a trade in at Adorama.

I would buy one at that price, but I can't get any kind of net pricing or quote online at Adorama. I seem to be stuck in a circular loop.

Anyone else successful with Adorama? Do you have to submit something and let them email you to see a price??

If you trade-in an older camera you could now pay down to $950 only for the new A7 at Adorama trade-in.

Dec 22, 2014 at 05:48 PM
matthewm
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

I traded in a m4/3 kit for this deal. I had the m4/3 stuff listed here for like $1200 OBO with free shipping and PayPal. If I had split it up, I would have gotten probably $1250 OBO total minus shipping and PayPal fees on all three items. I got over $1000 for my stuff and added another couple hundred bucks to it and got an A7 with the 28-70 kit lens.

Sure... I could have waited it out, sold my m4/3 gear after sifting through all the tire kickers, low ballers and then lost $20 per item for insured, trackable shipping via USPS Priority Insured, but I essentially lost $50 to let B&H deal with selling my 3-year old GH3 and lenses. I figure in the long run, they'll be the ones to take a loss on it and in the meantime, I'm enjoying my new A7 rather than checking PMs for people asking stupid questions about my gear.

These offers aren't really supposed to be a GREAT deal for everyone else, and they're probably not causing people to turn in top-of-the-line Canikon gear at a loss, but they do move products and let people turn in an unloved camera to get a discount on something they were probably considering buying anyway.

Dec 22, 2014 at 09:25 PM
curious80
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

1texasaggie wrote:
Okay, now I'm confused. The ad clearly states, "Trade in any working SLR camera..."

My first attempt told me they would only allow $80 on an old Rebel XT 350D...not worth my time and might as well purchase somewhere else. I went back again to make sure it wasn't a mistake, and nothing happens when I click the "Begin Trade In" button on the Sony A7R promo page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

When you trade-in an old SLR, you get two different credits. First you get 15% off the regular price of the A7/A7r etc that you are buying reglardless of how much your traded-in SLR costs. In addition to that they also give you credit for whatever they think your traded-in camera is worth. So for your Rebel XT they would give you $80 as well as 15% off the A7/A7r etc. Most people seem to be using old fim SLRs you mgiht get off craigslist for $10-20 to get the 15% credit.

Dec 23, 2014 at 02:25 AM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

curious80 wrote:
When you trade-in an old SLR, you get two different credits. First you get 15% off the regular price of the A7/A7r etc that you are buying reglardless of how much your traded-in SLR costs. In addition to that they also give you credit for whatever they think your traded-in camera is worth. So for your Rebel XT they would give you $80 as well as 15% off the A7/A7r etc. Most people seem to be using old fim SLRs you mgiht get off craigslist for $10-20 to get the 15% credit.

Yup. I just bought an A7 body with this promo. Total was $1043 plus $7 for shipping. For some reason, it wouldn't let me use the free shipping emblazoned on the banner, but perhaps if you called they'd give it to you.

My trade in was an inherited Nikon N2020 AF. It worked just fine, and I doubled checked this with a fresh set of batteries and its kit lens (35-70/3.3-4.5). Since it that model wasn't an options showing up in their "sell us used gear" link, I sent an email to the used department. Include your name, address, phone number, camera model, condition, accessories, and any other info they'd need to value it. Within a few hours, I got back a quote for $10 and a pre-paid shipping label. The used dept said I'd get my 15% off promo code in an hour.

A few hours passed, I never got the code, so I did the online chat the used dept. They said it was coming in a few hours. I waited a day, asked about the promo code again in the online chat, and this time they sent it quickly. Used the promo code immediately to place my order for the $15 off. Presumably they'll finish processing my N2020 trade-in and send me a check for ~$10.

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1texasaggie
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Get 15% off on Sony A7/A7R/A7S cameras and FE lenses.

Great info...thanks curious!

Dec 23, 2014 at 01:14 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.