Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

DoubleDragon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

Just wanted to check on the forum to see if any brave souls have upgraded their main workstation to the new operating system. I've been looking around the web for specific bugs with programs I run, but wanted to post a thread here since a lot of photographers are using similar software.

Specifically, I'm wondering if there are any issues with:

• Adobe CS6 software, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.

• Peripheral hard drives and RAID devices: I remember a previous osx upgrade had broken the ability for firewire drives to sleep correctly, and it affected a lot of folks including myself... I'm wondering if there are any strange issues for this upgrade as well. I'm using several external hard drives, OWC and Lacie, and want to be sure they will all work.

• printers, misc plugins like VSCO, random issues, etc.

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

Yes. No problems with Adobe software. No problems with peripheral devices. No problems with Epson printers, including a 7900.

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Savas K
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

Extensis Portfolio single user tanked under Yosemite. Though in hindsight I need to recheck. Because a week or so before trying Portfolio, I had updated Fast Track Schedule and Apple's protection scheme in part involves isolating applications that have been downloaded direct from a developer and outside of Apple's App Store. I had to go to prefs somewhere and turn off a layer of protection that allowed Fast Track Schedule to launch.

Dec 01, 2014 at 03:07 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

No problems running CS6 or an Epson 7900 or other peripherals either.

I did have an issue with a 2nd monitor which is just a cheap old TV I use for PS non color critical work windows and Finder. Originally its resolution moved to Yosemite correctly from Mavericks. Some weeks later when I was working with the displays, it went to a default of 800x600. Options to change it back were non-existent or caused the IMac to freeze. An $8 app from the App Store now lets me set it to a finer resolution as before

Dec 01, 2014 at 10:11 AM
jbregar
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

No problems at all.

By the way Savas, you're running into Gatekeeper. You can individually "allow" non-signed apps to run by right-clicking them (or control-clicking them) and choosing "Open" or selecting them and choosing File > Open or hitting Cmd-O. That'll give you the option of blessing that app without turning off the protection Gatekeeper gives you.

Code-signing/Gatekeeper was new in Mountain Lion way back in 2012. Mac App Store doesn't really have anything to do with it (except that all MAS apps are signed), it's more about the developer signing their applications with a certificate that can be verified to tell if the app is malicious or has been tampered with. Code signing is a GOOD thing and bigger app developers really should be doing it by now.

Dec 02, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

Savas K wrote:
Extensis Portfolio single user tanked under Yosemite.

One reason I have not gone to Yosemite, is because I have standalone version of Portfolio 8.5, which is not supported.

Dec 02, 2014 at 06:51 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OSX Yosemite 10.10 ...anyone using it?

You might check out www.macperformanceguide.com to see what he says about Yosemite.

Dec 07, 2014 at 12:38 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.