New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Wdws users unable to open my JPG sRGB files

gladys
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wdws users unable to open my JPG sRGB files

I normally shoot and process raw files in LR4, then save as TIFF and open in PSCS4 for final small improvements, then save as JPG, sRGB files. I burned some files to CD and gave them to a friend who is unable to open them on her PC. I noticed the PS icon before every file. Can someone explain why this is happening? My LR and PS skills are not the greatest. Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 26, 2014 at 05:02 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wdws users unable to open my JPG sRGB files

It sounds like you did everything right on your end. Did you verify that the files on the CD have the jpg extension?

It could be a problem on her end or perhaps a problem with the way you burnt the CD.

What happens on her end if she tries double-clicking a file?

Nov 26, 2014 at 06:18 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wdws users unable to open my JPG sRGB files

+1 @ .psd vs. .jpg

Sometimes I forget to make the change to .jpg and get an "ooops" .psd file saved instead.

Nov 26, 2014 at 09:19 PM
gladys
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wdws users unable to open my JPG sRGB files

Eyeball and RustyBug, Thanks for your replies. Yes, the files on the CD are jpg, I burned the CD in a Cyberlink, which is new to me, but I'm thinking the issue is on her end, in fact I rec'd a text this morning that all is well so I assume she was able to open them. I asked her what happens when she tries to open them but didn't get an answer. Appreciate the replies, thanks.

Nov 27, 2014 at 09:52 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.